If you are planning a trip to Angola, keep in mind that you are most likely required to get a visa in advance. Fortunately, Angola’s visa policy includes an electronic visa system, meaning that you can apply for a pre-visa online so that you can get the visa on arrival once you land. iVisa can help you get the Angola eVisa with minimal effort. To learn more about the Angola eVisa, the answers to some of the most commonly asked questions below should be of assistance.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
As an Algerian citizen, do I qualify for an Angola eVisa?
Yes, Algeria is on the list of countries whose citizens are eligible for an Angola eVisa.
What are the requirements for an Angola eVisa?
To successfully apply for an Angola eVisa, you must first put together some documents and information that are necessary during the application process. iVisa does not ask for much, we only need the following:
- Passport – all applicants must have a valid passport that remains as such for another year from the date of arrival in Angola. The document must also have at least 4 blank pages
- A photo – the picture must be taken as recently as possible on a white background.
- Proof of accommodation – you can use a hotel booking confirmation or a letter from friends/family that confirms you have a place to stay while in Angola
- An international vaccination certificate against Yellow Fever
- Proof of sufficient funds – according to Angola’s visa policy, all tourists must have at their disposal at least $200 per day (or the equivalent)
- Return flight ticket – this stands as proof that you will not stay more than your visa allows
- E-mail address – the receipt that enables you to get your Angola visa on arrival will be sent via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print it out before your departure
- Means of payment – you can use a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are also accepted as well
How much does it take for my application to be processed?
iVisa allows you to choose the processing time of your application so that you can receive your pre-visa at the right moment. You can select one of the following options:
- Standard processing – your application is reviewed within 6 days
- Rush processing – your Angola eVisa arrives within 4 days
- Super Rush processing – you must wait only 48 hours for your eVisa to arrive
What is the cost of an Angola eVisa?
The cost of an Angola eVisa is $120, but you must pay that amount only once you arrive in Angola. Until then, the prices below represent how much you have to pay for your pre-visa. As you can imagine, the faster you want your application to be reviewed, the more you are charged.
- Standard - USD 30.00
- Rush - USD 60.00
- Super Rush - USD 90.00
How long is the Angola eVisa valid for and how many entries does it ensure?
The Angola eVisa is a Multiple Entry visa, and it is valid for 6 days since the issue date.
How long can I stay in Angola with an Angola eVisa?
When you hold an Angola eVisa, you are allowed to stay in Angola for no more than 30 days Total
Can I use the Angola eVisa at any point of entry in Angola?
No. Only the below points of entry accept an Angola eVisa as a valid travel document. Choosing any other border checkpoint means that you have to obtain a standard visa from an Angolan embassy.
- Quatro de Fevereiro Airport (Luanda)
- Lubango Airport
- Massabi (Republic of the Congo border)
- Luau (Democratic Republic of the Congo border)
- Curoca (Namibia border)