One of the first things you have to do when you plan a trip to Angola is to make sure that you have the proper documentation. Chances are that you must obtain a visa in advance. However, the citizens of 59 countries can apply for an Angola eVisa. This is not a visa per se, but it will enable you to obtain a visa on arrival once you land in Angola. iVisa can help you with the online application process. To learn more about the Angola eVisa, please read the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions below.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
As an Argentinian citizen, do I qualify for an Angola eVisa?
Yes, the citizens of Argentina are among the nationalities that qualify for an Angola eVisa.
What are the requirements for an Angola eVisa?
Before you begin the online application process to obtain an Angola eVisa, you should make sure that you meet the requirements. Nevertheless, the list is not too long and the items on it are easy to acquire. Here is what you must have at hand:
- Passport – all applicants must have a valid passport that remains as such for another year from the date of arrival in Angola. The document must also have at least 4 blank pages
- A photo – the picture must be taken as recently as possible on a white background.
- Proof of accommodation – you can use a hotel booking confirmation or a letter from friends/family that confirms you have a place to stay while in Angola
- An international vaccination certificate against Yellow Fever
- Proof of sufficient funds – according to Angola’s visa policy, all tourists must have at their disposal at least $200 per day (or the equivalent)
- Return flight ticket – this stands as proof that you will not stay more than your visa allows
- E-mail address – the receipt that enables you to get your Angola visa on arrival will be sent via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print it out before your departure
- Means of payment – you can use a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are acceptable as well
How much does it take for my application to be processed?
That depends on the choice you make. iVisa provides you with three processing speed options so that you can receive your eVisa precisely when you need it. You can opt for one of the following:
- Standard processing – your application is reviewed within 6 Business Days
- Rush processing – your Angola eVisa arrives within 4 Business Days
- Super Rush processing – you must wait only 2 Business Days for your eVisa to arrive
What is the cost of an Angola eVisa?
The visa on arrival costs $120, but the amount you spend on an Angola eVisa depends on the processing time you choose for your application. Naturally, the faster you want your pre-visa to be ready, the more you are charged for it. Here are the prices:
- Standard - USD 30.00
- Rush - USD 60.00
- Super Rush - USD 90.00
How long is the Angola eVisa valid for and how many entries does it ensure?
The Angola eVisa is a Multiple Entry visa, and it is valid for 6 Business Days since the date of issue.
How long can I stay in Angola with an Angola eVisa?
The Angola eVisa allows you to stay in Angola for no more than 30 days in Total
Can I use the Angola eVisa at any point of entry in Angola?
No. The Angola eVisa grants you entry only if you travel to Angola via the border checkpoints listed below. Otherwise, you must go to the nearest Angolan embassy and apply for a standard visa.
- Quatro de Fevereiro Airport (Luanda)
- Lubango Airport
- Massabi (Republic of the Congo border)
- Luau (Democratic Republic of the Congo border)
- Curoca (Namibia border)