Are you planning a trip to Angola? Then chances are you must obtain a visa to enter the country. Nevertheless, you will be pleased to learn that Angola is one of the countries that adopted the electronic visa. Thus, you may be able to get an Angola eVisa if you are eligible. Keep in mind that the Angola eVisa is just a pre-visa which allows you to obtain a visa on arrival once you get to Angola. If you want to learn more about the Angola eVisa, you should read the answers to some of the most commonly asked questions you can find down below.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
As an Australian citizen, do I qualify for an Angola eVisa?
Yes, the citizens of Australia are eligible for an Angola eVisa, and iVisa can help you obtain it with minimal effort.
What are the requirements for an Angola eVisa?
To be able to obtain an Angola eVisa, you have to make sure that you have everything necessary for the online application process at hand. Rest assured that the list below does not contain anything that may be challenging to acquire. What you need is as follows:
- Passport – all applicants must have a valid passport that remains as such for another year from the date of arrival in Angola. The document must also have at least 4 blank pages
- A photo – the picture must be taken as recently as possible on a white background.
- Proof of accommodation – you can use a hotel booking confirmation or a letter from friends/family that confirms you have a place to stay while in Angola
- An international vaccination certificate against Yellow Fever
- Proof of sufficient funds – according to Angola’s visa policy, all tourists must have at their disposal at least $200 per day (or the equivalent)
- Return flight ticket – this stands as proof that you will not stay more than your visa allows
- E-mail address – the receipt that enables you to get your Angola visa on arrival will be sent via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print it out before your departure
- Means of payment – you can use a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are also accepted as well
How much does it take for my application to be processed?
The processing time of the application is up to you. Since not all applicants have the same needs, iVisa came up with three options as far as the processing speed of your application is concerned. That way, you are free to choose the one that best suits your needs. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – your application is reviewed within 6 business days
- Rush processing – your Angola eVisa arrives within 4 business days
- Super Rush processing – you must wait only 2 business days for your eVisa to arrive
What is the cost of an Angola eVisa?
The visa you get on arrival when you reach your destination costs $120, but the price of the Angola eVisa depends on the processing speed you select for your application. The faster the processing time, the higher the amount to pay will be. Here are the prices for each option:
- Standard - USD 30.00
- Rush - USD 60.00
- Super Rush - USD 90.00
How long is the Angola eVisa valid for and how many entries does it ensure?
The Angola eVisa is a Multiple Entry visa, and it expires 6 business days after the issue date.
How long can I stay in Angola with an Angola eVisa?
With an Angola eVisa, you can stay in Angola for up to 30 days Total
Can I use the Angola eVisa at any point of entry in Angola?
No. An Angola eVisa is accepted at only 5 points of entry in Angola. They are listed below. If you choose to enter the country via another border checkpoint, you need a standard visa issued by an Angolan diplomatic mission.
- Quatro de Fevereiro Airport (Luanda)
- Lubango Airport
- Massabi (Republic of the Congo border)
- Luau (Democratic Republic of the Congo border)
- Curoca (Namibia border)