When you are planning your trip to Angola, keep in mind that most likely you are required to obtain a visa. The good news is, however, that Angola has an electronic visa system in place which gives you a chance to apply for an Angola eVisa as long as you are eligible. Keep in mind that the Angola eVisa is just a pre-visa that allows you to obtain a visa on arrival once you reach your destination. To learn more about the Angola eVisa, take a moment and read the answers to a few of the most frequently asked questions below.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
As an Austrian citizen, do I qualify for an Angola eVisa?
Yes. Austria is on the list of states whose citizens are eligible for an Angola eVisa.
What are the requirements for an Angola eVisa?
As you are about to find out, the requirements for an Angola eVisa are easy to meet. Chances are that you have some of the necessary documents and information, but even if you do not, they are relatively effortless to acquire. What you will need is as follows:
- Passport – all applicants must have a valid passport that remains as such for another year from the date of arrival in Angola. The document must also have at least 4 blank pages
- A photo – the picture must be taken as recently as possible on a white background.
- Proof of accommodation – you can use a hotel booking confirmation or a letter from friends/family that confirms you have a place to stay while in Angola
- An international vaccination certificate against Yellow Fever
- Proof of sufficient funds – according to Angola’s visa policy, all tourists must have at their disposal at least $200 per day (or the equivalent)
- Return flight ticket – this stands as proof that you will not stay more than your visa allows
- E-mail address – the receipt that enables you to get your Angola visa on arrival will be sent via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print it out before your departure
- Means of payment – you can use a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are accepted as well
How much does it take for my application to be processed?
Your application will be processed in the timeframe of your choosing. That is because iVisa gives you three processing speed options and you are free to pick the one that is most convenient for you. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – your application is reviewed within 6 business days
- Rush processing – your Angola eVisa arrives within 4 business days
- Super Rush processing – you must wait only 2 business days for your eVisa to arrive
What is the cost of an Angola eVisa?
You purchase the visa on arrival once you reach your destination and this costs $120. On the other hand, the price of your Angola eVisa depends on the processing time you choose for your application. So, the sooner you want your application to be processed, the more you are charged. Here are the prices:
- Standard - USD 30.00
- Rush - USD 60.00
- Super Rush - USD 90.00
How long is the Angola eVisa valid for and how many entries does it ensure?
The Angola eVisa is a Multiple Entry visa, and it is valid for 6 business days since issuance.
How long can I stay in Angola with an Angola eVisa?
The Angola eVisa ensures a stay of up to 30 days Total
Can I use the Angola eVisa at any point of entry in Angola?
No. An Angola eVisa is considered valid only at the 5 points of entry listed below. Any other border checkpoint will ask you to produce a standard visa issued by an Angolan consulate.
- Quatro de Fevereiro Airport (Luanda)
- Lubango Airport
- Massabi (Republic of the Congo border)
- Luau (Democratic Republic of the Congo border)
- Curoca (Namibia border)