When you plan a trip to Angola, the first thing on your mind should be the fact that you may have to obtain a visa. At the same time, you may want to know that Angola adopted the electronic visa system in 2018. As a result, if you are eligible, you can obtain an Angola eVisa online. The Angola eVisa is not a visa per se, but it allows you to get a visa on arrival once you reach your destination. To learn more about the Angola eVisa, the answers to the most commonly asked questions below should clarify a few things for you.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
As a Brazilian citizen, do I qualify for an Angola eVisa?
Yes. The citizens of Brazil are eligible for an Angola eVisa, and iVisa can facilitate the online application process for you.
What are the requirements for an Angola eVisa?
The first thing you have to do when you decide to apply for an Angola eVisa is to make sure that you have at hand everything necessary for the process. The list of what you need can be found below and the items on it are relatively easy to acquire. Here is what you need for a successful application process:
- Passport – all applicants must have a valid passport that remains as such for another year from the date of arrival in Angola. The document must also have at least 4 blank pages
- A photo – the picture must be taken as recently as possible on a white background.
- Proof of accommodation – you can use a hotel booking confirmation or a letter from friends/family that confirms you have a place to stay while in Angola
- An international vaccination certificate against Yellow Fever
- Proof of sufficient funds – according to Angola’s visa policy, all tourists must have at their disposal at least $200 per day (or the equivalent)
- Return flight ticket – this stands as proof that you will not stay more than your visa allows
- E-mail address – the receipt that enables you to get your Angola visa on arrival will be sent via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print it out before your departure
- Means of payment – you can use a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are also accepted
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
This is for you to decide. iVisa gives you three options when it comes to the processing speed of your application so that you can have your eVisa arrive in the timeframe that is most convenient for you. The choices are as follows:
- Standard processing – your application is reviewed within 6 business days
- Rush processing – your Angola eVisa arrives within 4 business days
- Super Rush processing – you must wait only 2 business days for your eVisa to arrive
What is the cost of an Angola eVisa?
The visa on arrival has a price of $120, but the cost of the Angola eVisa depends on which processing speed option you select for your application. As you can imagine, the faster you want the processing to go, the more money you spend. The prices are as follows:
- Standard - USD 30.00
- Rush - USD 60.00
- Super Rush - USD 90.00
How long is the Angola eVisa valid for and how many entries does it ensure?
The Angola eVisa is a Multiple Entry visa, and it is valid for 6 business days since issuance.
How long can I stay in Angola with an Angola eVisa?
The Angola eVisa allows you to stay in Angola for up to 30 days Total.
Can I use the Angola eVisa at any point of entry in Angola?
No. An Angola eVisa allows you to enter the country as long as you travel via one of the border checkpoints below. Any other point of entry requires a standard visa issued by an Angolan diplomatic mission.
- Quatro de Fevereiro Airport (Luanda)
- Lubango Airport
- Massabi (Republic of the Congo border)
- Luau (Democratic Republic of the Congo border)
- Curoca (Namibia border)