Are you planning a trip to Angola? Have you checked if you need a visa? Since there are only 11 visa-exempt nationalities, chances are that you do. However, you should know that Angola adopted the electronic visa system back in 2018, and as a result, you may be able to apply for an Angola eVisa. The Angola eVisa is not a visa per se, it is just a pre-visa that enables you to obtain a visa on arrival once you land in Angola. If you are interested in learning more about the Angola eVisa, you should read the answers to some of the most commonly asked questions below.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
As a Bulgarian citizen, do I qualify for an Angola eVisa?
Yes. Bulgaria is on the list of countries whose citizens have access to an Angola eVisa.
What are the requirements for an Angola eVisa?
The requirements for an Angola eVisa are nothing out of the ordinary. The list is not very long, and the items are almost effortless to acquire. For a successful online application process, you need to make sure that you have at hand the following documents and information:
- Passport – all applicants must have a valid passport that remains as such for another year from the date of arrival in Angola. The document must also have at least 4 blank pages
- A photo – the picture must be taken as recently as possible on a white background.
- Proof of accommodation – you can use a hotel booking confirmation or a letter from friends/family that confirms you have a place to stay while in Angola
- An international vaccination certificate against Yellow Fever
- Proof of sufficient funds – according to Angola’s visa policy, all tourists must have at their disposal at least $200 per day (or the equivalent)
- Return flight ticket – this stands as proof that you will not stay more than your visa allows
- E-mail address – the receipt that enables you to get your Angola visa on arrival will be sent via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print it out before your departure
- Means of payment – you can use a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are acceptable as well
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
It depends. iVisa provides you with three options when it comes to the processing speed of your application. Therefore, you are free to choose the one that you think is best for you. The options are as follow:
- Standard processing – your application is reviewed within 6 days
- Rush processing – your Angola eVisa arrives within 4 days
- Super Rush processing – you must wait only 48 hours for your eVisa to arrive
What is the cost of an Angola eVisa?
The price of a visa on arrival is of $120, but the cost of an Angola eVisa is established by the processing speed you choose for your application. The faster you want your application to be reviewed, the more you are charged. The prices are as follows:
- Standard - USD 30.00
- Rush - USD 60.00
- Super Rush - USD 90.00
How long is the Angola eVisa valid for and how many entries does it ensure?
The Angola eVisa is a Multiple Entry visa, and it has a validity period of 6 days since the issue date.
How long can I stay in Angola with an Angola eVisa?
When you hold an Angola eVisa, you can stay in Angola for up to 30 days Total.
Can I use the Angola eVisa at any point of entry in Angola?
No. An Angola eVisa grants you entry as long as you travel to Angola via one of the border checkpoints listed below. Otherwise, you must go to the nearest Angolan embassy and apply for a consular visa.
- Quatro de Fevereiro Airport (Luanda)
- Lubango Airport
- Massabi (Republic of the Congo border)
- Luau (Democratic Republic of the Congo border)
- Curoca (Namibia border)