If you decide to take a trip to Angola, keep in mind that only 11 nationalities are visa-exempt, meaning that you are most likely required to get a visa. However, the good news is that Angola releases electronic visas for the citizens of 59 countries. As long as you are among them, you have the possibility to apply for an Angola eVisa online. Keep in mind, though, that the Angola eVisa is a simple pre-visa that allows you to obtain a visa on arrival once you get to Angola. For more information about the Angola eVisa, please read the answers to the most commonly asked questions below.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
As a Canadian citizen, do I qualify for an Angola eVisa?
Yes, the citizens of Canada are eligible for an Angola eVisa.
What are the requirements for an Angola eVisa?
To apply for an Angola eVisa, you must have at hand a set of documents and information that are necessary during the application process. The list, however, is not that long and you should not struggle with putting everything together. Here is what you will need:
- Passport – all applicants must have a valid passport that remains as such for another year from the date of arrival in Angola. The document must also have at least 4 blank pages
- A photo – the picture must be taken as recently as possible on a white background.
- Proof of accommodation – you can use a hotel booking confirmation or a letter from friends/family that confirms you have a place to stay while in Angola
- An international vaccination certificate against Yellow Fever
- Proof of sufficient funds – according to Angola’s visa policy, all tourists must have at their disposal at least $200 per day (or the equivalent)
- Return flight ticket – this stands as proof that you will not stay for more time than your visa allows
- E-mail address – the receipt that enables you to get your Angola visa on arrival will be sent via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print it out before your departure
- Means of payment – you can use a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are acceptable as well
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
The timeframe in which your application is processed is entirely up to you. iVisa provides you with three processing speed options so that you can select the one that best suits your needs. Here are the options offered:
- Standard processing – your application is reviewed within 6 days
- Rush processing – your Angola eVisa arrives within 4 days
- Super Rush processing – you must wait only 48 hours for your eVisa to arrive
What is the cost of an Angola eVisa?
The cost of the visa on arrival is of $120, but the price of an Angola eVisa depends on which option you choose when it comes to the processing speed of your application. As you can imagine, the sooner you want your eVisa to arrive, the more you have to pay for it. The prices for each choice are as follows:
- Standard - USD 30.00
- Rush - USD 60.00
- Super Rush - USD 90.00
How long is the Angola eVisa valid for and how many entries does it ensure?
The Angola eVisa is a Multiple Entry visa, and it has a validity of 6 days since the date of issue.
How long can I stay in Angola with an Angola eVisa?
The Angola eVisa ensures a stay that cannot exceed 30 days Total.
Can I use the Angola eVisa at any point of entry in Angola?
No. The Angola eVisa is valid only if you travel to Angola via one of the border checkpoints you see below. Any other point of entry will ask you to produce a standard visa, which only an Angolan diplomatic mission can issue.
- Quatro de Fevereiro Airport (Luanda)
- Lubango Airport
- Massabi (Republic of the Congo border)
- Luau (Democratic Republic of the Congo border)
- Curoca (Namibia border)