Are you going to Angola anytime soon? If you are, the first thing you have to do is to check whether or not you need a visa. Since there are only 11 nationalities that are exempt, chances are that you do. The good news is, however, that Angola joined the countries that adopted the electronic visa system in 2018. As a result, all eligible nationalities can obtain an Angola eVisa online. The Angola eVisa is not a visa per se, but a document that allows you to get a visa on arrival once you reach your destination. If you are interested in learning more about the Angola eVisa, please read the answers to the most commonly asked questions below.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
As a Chilean citizen, do I qualify for an Angola eVisa?
Yes. According to Angola’s visa policy, the citizens of Chile are eligible for an Angola eVisa.
What are the requirements for an Angola eVisa?
Before you proceed to the application page to fill in the form, please make sure that you have everything necessary for the application process. iVisa does not ask for much, and you may already have some of the required documents and information. Here is what you need:
- Passport – all applicants must have a valid passport that remains as such for another year from the date of arrival in Angola. The document must also have at least 4 blank pages
- A photo – the picture must be taken as recently as possible on a white background.
- Proof of accommodation – you can use a hotel booking confirmation or a letter from friends/family that confirms you have a place to stay while in Angola
- An international vaccination certificate against Yellow Fever
- Proof of sufficient funds – according to Angola’s visa policy, all tourists must have at their disposal at least $200 per day (or the equivalent)
- Return flight ticket – this stands as proof that you will not stay more than your visa allows
- E-mail address – the receipt that enables you to get your Angola visa on arrival will be sent via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print it out before your departure
- Means of payment – you can use a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are also accepted
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
That depends on you. iVisa gives you the possibility to choose the processing time of your application from three options. That way, you can pick the one that best satisfies your needs. You can opt for one of the following:
- Standard processing – your application is reviewed within 6 days
- Rush processing – your Angola eVisa arrives within 4 days
- Super Rush processing – you must wait only 48 hours for your eVisa to arrive
What is the cost of an Angola eVisa?
A visa on arrival costs $120, but the price of an Angola eVisa is influenced by the processing speed you pick for your application. Therefore, the quicker you want the processing to go, the more money you are asked to pay. The prices for all options are:
- Standard - USD 30.00
- Rush - USD 60.00
- Super Rush - USD 90.00
How long is the Angola eVisa valid for and how many entries does it ensure?
The Angola eVisa is a Multiple Entry visa, and it is valid for 6 days since the issue date.
How long can I stay in Angola with an Angola eVisa?
The Angola eVisa allows a stay that cannot go beyond 30 days Total.
Can I use the Angola eVisa at any point of entry in Angola?
No. When you hold an Angola eVisa, you are required to travel to Angola via the points of entry listed below. Otherwise, a standard visa is necessary, and it can only be issued by an Angolan diplomatic mission.
- Quatro de Fevereiro Airport (Luanda)
- Lubango Airport
- Massabi (Republic of the Congo border)
- Luau (Democratic Republic of the Congo border)
- Curoca (Namibia border)