In the process of planning a trip to Angola, one of your primary concerns should be related to whether or not you need a visa. Most nationalities do. Nevertheless, Angola is one of the countries in the world that adopted the electronic visa system. As a result, you may be able to apply for an Angola eVisa online, and iVisa can help with the process. Please keep in mind that the Angola eVisa is not a visa per se, but more of a means to obtain a visa on arrival once you get to Angola. To learn more about the Angola eVisa, please read the answers to the most frequently asked questions below.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
As a Chinese citizen, do I qualify for an Angola eVisa?
Yes. As a citizen of China, you have access to an Angola eVisa.
What are the requirements for an Angola eVisa?
The first thing you have to do when you decide to apply online for an Angola eVisa is to put together a set of documents and information that are required during the application process. The list is not long, and you may already have some of the items on it. What you need is as follows:
- Passport – all applicants must have a valid passport that remains as such for another year from the date of arrival in Angola. The document must also have at least 4 blank pages
- A photo – the picture must be taken as recently as possible on a white background.
- Proof of accommodation – you can use a hotel booking confirmation or a letter from friends/family that confirms you have a place to stay while in Angola
- An international vaccination certificate against Yellow Fever
- Proof of sufficient funds – according to Angola’s visa policy, all tourists must have at their disposal at least $200 per day (or the equivalent)
- Return flight ticket – this stands as proof that you will not stay more than your visa allows
- E-mail address – the receipt that enables you to get your Angola visa on arrival will be sent via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print it out before your departure
- Means of payment – you can use a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are acceptable as well
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
That depends on the choice you make about the processing time. To that effect, iVisa created three processing speed options. You are free to choose the one that is most convenient for you. Here is what you can opt for:
- Standard processing – your application is reviewed within 6 days
- Rush processing – your Angola eVisa arrives within 4 days
- Super Rush processing – you must wait only 48 hours for your eVisa to arrive
What is the cost of an Angola eVisa?
The visa on arrival has a price of $120, but the cost of an Angola eVisa depends on which processing speed option you choose. It makes sense to pay more if you want a faster option, doesn’t it? Here are the prices for all choices:
- Standard - USD 30.00
- Rush - USD 60.00
- Super Rush - USD 90.00
How long is the Angola eVisa valid for and how many entries does it ensure?
The Angola eVisa is a Multiple Entry visa, and it remains valid for 6 days since the issue date.
How long can I stay in Angola with an Angola eVisa?
When you get an Angola eVisa, you are granted a stay that cannot exceed 30 days Total.
Can I use the Angola eVisa at any point of entry in Angola?
No. An Angola eVisa is valid only if you travel to Angola via the points of entry listed below. Any other border checkpoint requires a consular visa, which just an Angolan embassy can issue.
- Quatro de Fevereiro Airport (Luanda)
- Lubango Airport
- Massabi (Republic of the Congo border)
- Luau (Democratic Republic of the Congo border)
- Curoca (Namibia border)