If you decide to ever travel to Angola, you should know that most nationalities need a visa to enter the country. At the same time, according to Angola’s visa policy, the citizens of 59 states have access to an electronic visa system, which means that if you are eligible, you have the possibility to apply for an Angola eVisa online. Please bear in mind that the Angola eVisa is not a visa per se, but a document that allows you to obtain a visa on arrival once you reach your destination. For you to learn more about the Angola eVisa, please read the answers to some of the most commonly asked questions below.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
As a Croatian citizen, do I qualify for an Angola eVisa?
Yes, the citizens of Croatia are among the nationalities that can apply for an Angola eVisa online.
What are the requirements for an Angola eVisa?
The list of requirements for an Angola eVisa is not too long, and you may already have some of the documents and information. And even if you do not have them at your disposal, you should not struggle with putting everything together. Here is what you will need:
- Passport – all applicants must have a valid passport that remains as such for another year from the date of arrival in Angola. The document must also have at least 4 blank pages
- A photo – the picture must be taken as recently as possible on a white background.
- Proof of accommodation – you can use a hotel booking confirmation or a letter from friends/family that confirms you have a place to stay while in Angola
- An international vaccination certificate against Yellow Fever
- Proof of sufficient funds – according to Angola’s visa policy, all tourists must have at their disposal at least $200 per day (or the equivalent)
- Return flight ticket – this stands as proof that you will not stay more than your visa allows
- E-mail address – the receipt that enables you to get your Angola visa on arrival will be sent via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print it out before your departure
- Means of payment – you can use a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are acceptable as well
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
That is for you to decide. When you use iVisa as your visa service, you are given the opportunity to pick a processing speed for your application. iVisa provides you with three options, which are as follows:
- Standard processing – your application is reviewed within 6 Business Days
- Rush processing – your Angola eVisa arrives within 4 Business Days
- Super Rush processing – you must wait only 2 Business Days for your eVisa to arrive
What is the cost of an Angola eVisa?
The visa on arrival costs $120, but the cost of an Angola eVisa is established depending on the processing speed you choose for your application. Naturally, the sooner you want your eVisa to arrive, the more you are charged. Here are the prices for each option:
- Standard - USD 30.00
- Rush - USD 60.00
- Super Rush - USD 90.00
How long is the Angola eVisa valid for and how many entries does it ensure?
The Angola eVisa is a Multiple Entry visa, and it is valid for 6 Business Days since the issue date.
How long can I stay in Angola with an Angola eVisa?
The Angola eVisa allows you to spend up to 30 days in Total in Angola.
Can I use the Angola eVisa at any point of entry in Angola?
No. When you hold an Angola eVisa, you can cross the Angolan border only via the checkpoints you see below. In any other case, you must obtain a standard visa from the nearest Angolan diplomatic mission.
- Quatro de Fevereiro Airport (Luanda)
- Lubango Airport
- Massabi (Republic of the Congo border)
- Luau (Democratic Republic of the Congo border)
- Curoca (Namibia border)