Do you wish to travel to Angola in the near future? Keep in mind that you are most likely required to get a visa. At the same time, Angola releases electronic visas for the citizens of 59 countries. As long as you are among them, you can apply for an Angola eVisa online. Nevertheless, keep in mind that the Angola eVisa is not a visa per se. It is more of a pre-visa that enables you to obtain a visa on arrival at your destination. If you are interested in learning more about the Angola eVisa, please read the answers to the most frequently asked questions you can find down below.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
As a Cuban citizen, do I qualify for an Angola eVisa?
Yes. According to Angola’s visa policy, the citizens of Cuba are among the nationalities that can apply for an Angola eVisa online.
What are the requirements for an Angola eVisa?
Before anything else, you have to make sure that you meet the requirements. That is not a challenging task, and if you do not already have the documents and information you need, they are relatively effortless to acquire. Here is what you must put together for the application process:
- Passport – all applicants must have a valid passport that remains as such for another year from the date of arrival in Angola. The document must also have at least 4 blank pages
- A photo – the picture must be taken as recently as possible on a white background.
- Proof of accommodation – you can use a hotel booking confirmation or a letter from friends/family that confirms you have a place to stay while in Angola
- An international vaccination certificate against Yellow Fever
- Proof of sufficient funds – according to Angola’s visa policy, all tourists must have at their disposal at least $200 per day (or the equivalent)
- Return flight ticket – this stands as proof that you will not stay more than your visa allows
- E-mail address – the receipt that enables you to get your Angola visa on arrival will be sent via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print it out before your departure
- Means of payment – you can use a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are also accepted.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
It is up to you. iVisa gives you three options as far as the processing speed of your application is concerned. That way, you are at liberty to pick the one that best suits your needs. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – your application is reviewed within 6 days
- Rush processing – your Angola eVisa arrives within 4 days
- Super Rush processing – you must wait only 48 hours for your eVisa to arrive
What is the cost of an Angola eVisa?
The visa on arrival costs $120, but the amount you are charged for the Angola eVisa depends on how fast you want the processing to go. Naturally, the sooner you expect your application to be processed, the more you pay. Here are the prices for every option:
- Standard - USD 30.00
- Rush - USD 60.00
- Super Rush - USD 90.00
How long is the Angola eVisa valid for and how many entries does it ensure?
The Angola eVisa is a Multiple Entry visa, and it has a validity period of 6 days since the issue date.
How long can I stay in Angola with an Angola eVisa?
As an Angola eVisa holder, you can stay in Angola for no more than 30 days Total.
Can I use the Angola eVisa at any point of entry in Angola?
No. The Angola eVisa is accepted only at 5 points of entry in Angola, all of them listed below. Any other border checkpoint asks that you have a standard visa issued by an Angolan diplomatic mission.
- Quatro de Fevereiro Airport (Luanda)
- Lubango Airport
- Massabi (Republic of the Congo border)
- Luau (Democratic Republic of the Congo border)
- Curoca (Namibia border)