When you are planning your trip to Angola, the first thing you must deal with is the fact that you may be required to obtain a visa. But there may be a better alternative than going to the nearest Angolan embassy. Angola has adopted the electronic visa system in 2018, and as long as you find yourself among the eligible nationalities, you can apply for an Angola eVisa online. However, there is a catch. The Angola eVisa is not a visa per se. It does not automatically grant you entry in Angola. It is a simple means of getting a visa on arrival once you reach your destination. For further information about the Angola eVisa, please check out the information below.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
As a Danish citizen, do I qualify for an Angola eVisa?
Yes. The citizens of Denmark are among the 59 nationalities that have access to an Angola eVisa.
What are the requirements for an Angola eVisa?
You will be pleased to learn that the Angola eVisa is not a demanding visa to obtain. The requirements are easy to meet, and you may already have some of the necessary documents and information. Here is what you must have at hand for a successful application process:
- Passport – all applicants must have a valid passport that remains as such for another year from the date of arrival in Angola. The document must also have at least 4 blank pages
- A photo – the picture must be taken as recently as possible on a white background.
- Proof of accommodation – you can use a hotel booking confirmation or a letter from friends/family that confirms you have a place to stay while in Angola
- An international vaccination certificate against Yellow Fever
- Proof of sufficient funds – according to Angola’s visa policy, all tourists must have at their disposal at least $200 per day (or the equivalent)
- Return flight ticket – this stands as proof that you will not stay more than your visa allows
- E-mail address – the receipt that enables you to get your Angola visa on arrival will be sent via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print it out before your departure
- Means of payment – you can use a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are also accepted as well
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
That depends on the option you choose. When you apply with iVisa, you are given the opportunity to choose the processing speed of your application. You get three options so that you can select the one that is best for you. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – your application is reviewed within 6 business days
- Rush processing – your Angola eVisa arrives within 4 business days
- Super Rush processing – you must wait only 2 business days for your eVisa to arrive
What is the cost of an Angola eVisa?
The visa on arrival itself costs $120, but the amount you spend on an Angola eVisa is determined by how soon you want your eVisa to arrive. The faster the processing, the more you are charged. The prices for every option are as follows:
- Standard - USD 30.00
- Rush - USD 60.00
- Super Rush - USD 90.00
How long is the Angola eVisa valid for and how many entries does it ensure?
The Angola eVisa is a Multiple Entry visa, and it maintains its validity for 6 business days since the issue date.
How long can I stay in Angola with an Angola eVisa?
The Angola eVisa allows you to stay in Angola for no more than 30 days Total.
Can I use the Angola eVisa at any point of entry in Angola?
No. The Angola eVisa allows you to enter Angola only if you travel via the border checkpoints listed below. Any other point of entry requires a standard visa issued by an Angolan consulate.
- Quatro de Fevereiro Airport (Luanda)
- Lubango Airport
- Massabi (Republic of the Congo border)
- Luau (Democratic Republic of the Congo border)
- Curoca (Namibia border)