When you are planning a trip to Angola, the first thing that should cross your mind is the fact that you may have to obtain a visa. Fortunately, Angola is one of the countries that adopted the electronic visa system, and if you are eligible, you can apply for an Angola eVisa online. iVisa is here to help you with the application process. Just keep in mind that the Angola eVisa does not automatically grant you entry in Angola. It is a simple pre-visa that allows you to obtain a visa on arrival once you reach your destination. To find out more information about the Angola eVisa, read the answers to the most commonly asked questions below.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
As an Estonian citizen, do I qualify for an Angola eVisa?
Yes. According to Angola’s visa policy, the citizens of Estonia can apply for an Angola eVisa.
What are the requirements for an Angola eVisa?
To be able to apply for an Angola eVisa, you must first check if you meet the requirements. But as you will see, this is not a demanding document to obtain. The list is not very long and you may already have at least some of the required documents and information. What you need is as follows:
- Passport – all applicants must have a valid passport that remains as such for another year from the date of arrival in Angola. The document must also have at least 4 blank pages
- A photo – the picture must be taken as recently as possible on a white background.
- Proof of accommodation – you can use a hotel booking confirmation or a letter from friends/family that confirms you have a place to stay while in Angola
- An international vaccination certificate against Yellow Fever
- Proof of sufficient funds – according to Angola’s visa policy, all tourists must have at their disposal at least $200 per day (or the equivalent)
- Return flight ticket – this stands as proof that you will not stay more than your visa allows
- E-mail address – the receipt that enables you to get your Angola visa on arrival will be sent via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print it out before your departure
- Means of payment – you can use a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are acceptable as well
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
Your application will be reviewed in the timeframe of your choosing. When it comes to the processing speed of your application, iVisa gives you three options. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – your application is reviewed within 6 days
- Rush processing – your Angola eVisa arrives within 4 days
- Super Rush processing – you must wait only 48 hours for your eVisa to arrive
What is the cost of an Angola eVisa?
The visa on arrival has a fee of $120, but the cost of an Angola eVisa depends on the speed of your application’s processing. So, the faster you expect your application to be reviewed, the more you are charged. Here are the prices:
- Standard - USD 30.00
- Rush - USD 60.00
- Super Rush - USD 90.00
How long is the Angola eVisa valid for and how many entries does it ensure?
The Angola eVisa is a Multiple Entry visa, and it remains valid for 6 days since the issue date.
How long can I stay in Angola with an Angola eVisa?
With an Angola eVisa, you cannot stay in Angola for more than 30 days Total.
Can I use the Angola eVisa at any point of entry in Angola?
No. The Angola eVisa is accepted only at the points of entry listed below. If you plan on entering Angola through another border checkpoint, you must pay a visit to the nearest Angolan embassy and submit a visa application there.
- Quatro de Fevereiro Airport (Luanda)
- Lubango Airport
- Massabi (Republic of the Congo border)
- Luau (Democratic Republic of the Congo border)
- Curoca (Namibia border)