Traveling to Angola most likely means that you must obtain a visa before you get there. However, you should know that Angola adopted the electronic visa system in 2018, and if you are among the eligible nationalities, you have the option of applying for an Angola eVisa online. That is something iVisa can help you with. At the same time, please keep in mind that the Angola eVisa is just a pre-visa. You will need it to get a visa on arrival once you reach Angola. If you are interested in finding out more details about the Angola eVisa, read the answers to the most frequently asked questions you can find below.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
As a Finnish citizen, do I qualify for an Angola eVisa?
Yes. The citizens of Finland are among the nationalities that have the possibility to apply for an Angola eVisa online.
What are the requirements for an Angola eVisa?
As you are about to see, the list of requirements for an Angola eVisa is rather short. Plus, it contains documents and information that are generally easy to acquire. Some of them may already be at your disposal. Here is what you will need for a successful application process:
- Passport – all applicants must have a valid passport that remains as such for another year from the date of arrival in Angola. The document must also have at least 4 blank pages
- A photo – the picture must be taken as recently as possible on a white background.
- Proof of accommodation – you can use a hotel booking confirmation or a letter from friends/family that confirms you have a place to stay while in Angola
- An international vaccination certificate against Yellow Fever
- Proof of sufficient funds – according to Angola’s visa policy, all tourists must have at their disposal at least $200 per day (or the equivalent)
- Return flight ticket – this stands as proof that you will not stay more than your visa allows
- E-mail address – the receipt that enables you to get your Angola visa on arrival will be sent via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print it out before your departure
- Means of payment – you can use a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are also accepted.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
The timeframe in which your application is processed is up to you. iVisa provides you with three options so that you can choose the one that is most convenient for you. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – your application is reviewed within 6 Business Days
- Rush processing – your Angola eVisa arrives within 4 Business Days
- Super Rush processing – you must wait only 2 Business Days for your eVisa to arrive
What is the cost of an Angola eVisa?
The fee for the Angola visa on arrival is of $120, but the cost of an Angola eVisa is established when you choose the processing speed of your application. As you can imagine, the sooner you expect for your eVisa to be ready, the more you have to pay. The prices are as follows:
- Standard - USD 30.00
- Rush - USD 60.00
- Super Rush - USD 90.00
How long is the Angola eVisa valid for and how many entries does it ensure?
The Angola eVisa is a Multiple Entry visa, and it maintains its validity for 6 Business Days since the issue date.
How long can I stay in Angola with an Angola eVisa?
When you hold an Angola eVisa, you are allowed to remain in Angola for up to 30 days in Total.
Can I use the Angola eVisa at any point of entry in Angola?
No. As an Angola eVisa holder, you must travel to Angola only via one of the points of entry listed below. If you choose another border checkpoint, you must obtain a standard visa from the nearest Angolan embassy.
- Quatro de Fevereiro Airport (Luanda)
- Lubango Airport
- Massabi (Republic of the Congo border)
- Luau (Democratic Republic of the Congo border)
- Curoca (Namibia border)