Are you planning to travel to Angola in the near future? Then you should probably know that you may need a visa to cross the Angolan border. However, keep in mind that Angola introduced the electronic visa system in 2018, and as a result, the citizens of 59 countries can apply for an Angola eVisa online. iVisa facilitates the online application process. At the same time, it is essential to remember that the Angola eVisa does not grant you entry in Angola. It is merely a pre-visa that enables you to obtain an Angola visa on arrival. To learn more about the Angola eVisa, the answers to the most commonly asked questions below should be of assistance.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
As a French citizen, do I qualify for an Angola eVisa?
Yes. As stated by Angola’s visa policy, the citizens of France are on the list of eligible nationalities for an Angola eVisa.
What are the requirements for an Angola eVisa?
The requirements for an Angola eVisa are nothing unusual. The chances of you already having some of the necessary documents and information are pretty high. Here is what you need for a successful application process:
- Passport – all applicants must have a valid passport that remains as such for another year from the date of arrival in Angola. The document must also have at least 4 blank pages
- A photo – the picture must be taken as recently as possible on a white background.
- Proof of accommodation – you can use a hotel booking confirmation or a letter from friends/family that confirms you have a place to stay while in Angola
- An international vaccination certificate against Yellow Fever
- Proof of sufficient funds – according to Angola’s visa policy, all tourists must have at their disposal at least $200 per day (or the equivalent)
- Return flight ticket – this stands as proof that you will not stay more than your visa allows
- E-mail address – the receipt that enables you to get your Angola visa on arrival will be sent via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print it out before your departure
- Means of payment – you can use a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are also acceptable.### How long does it take for my application to be processed?
It is you who decides that. Since not all people have the same needs, iVisa created three options when it comes to the processing speed of applications. As a result, you can choose the one that best satisfies your needs. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – your application is reviewed within 6 Business Days
- Rush processing – your Angola eVisa arrives within 4 Business Days
- Super Rush processing – you must wait only 2 Business Days for your eVisa to arrive
What is the cost of an Angola eVisa?
The fee for an Angola visa on arrival is of $120, but the cost of an Angola eVisa depends on the processing speed you pick for your application. The faster the processing, the higher the amount. The prices for each processing option are:
- Standard - USD 30.00
- Rush - USD 60.00
- Super Rush - USD 90.00
How long is the Angola eVisa valid for and how many entries does it ensure?
The Angola eVisa is a Multiple Entry visa, and it expires 6 Business Days after issuance.
How long can I stay in Angola with an Angola eVisa?
You are granted a stay that cannot exceed 30 days in Total.
Can I use the Angola eVisa at any point of entry in Angola?
No. The Angola eVisa is accepted as a valid travel document only if you travel to Angola via the points of entry listed below. Otherwise, a standard visa issued by an Angolan embassy is required.
- Quatro de Fevereiro Airport (Luanda)
- Lubango Airport
- Massabi (Republic of the Congo border)
- Luau (Democratic Republic of the Congo border)
- Curoca (Namibia border)