In the planning process of a trip to Angola, there is one thing you must think about first, namely the fact that you may have to get a visa. Most nationalities are required to do so. However, you will be pleased to learn that Angola has an electronic visa system, and the citizens of 59 states have access to it. If you are among them, you can apply for an Angola eVisa online, and iVisa can help you with the process. Keep in mind that the Angola eVisa is not a visa per se. It is a simple document that allows you to acquire an Angola visa on arrival once you reach your destination. To learn more about the Angola eVisa, the information below should be of help.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
As a German citizen, do I qualify for an Angola eVisa?
Yes. The citizens of Germany are among the eligible nationalities for an Angola eVisa.
What are the requirements for an Angola eVisa?
The list of requirements for an Angola eVisa is relatively short, and the items on it are usually easy to obtain. You may already have some of them at your disposal. Here is what you will need:
- Passport – all applicants must have a valid passport that remains as such for another year from the date of arrival in Angola. The document must also have at least 4 blank pages
- A photo – the picture must be taken as recently as possible on a white background.
- Proof of accommodation – you can use a hotel booking confirmation or a letter from friends/family that confirms you have a place to stay while in Angola
- An international vaccination certificate against Yellow Fever
- Proof of sufficient funds – according to Angola’s visa policy, all tourists must have at their disposal at least $200 per day (or the equivalent)
- Return flight ticket – this stands as proof that you will not stay more than your visa allows
- E-mail address – the receipt that enables you to get your Angola visa on arrival will be sent via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print it out before your departure
- Means of payment – you can use a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are acceptable as well
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
This depends on what choice you make. iVisa came up with three options when it comes to the processing speed of the visa application so that you can choose the one that you think is best for you. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – your application is reviewed within 6 days
- Rush processing – your Angola eVisa arrives within 4 days
- Super Rush processing – you must wait only 48 hours for your eVisa to arrive
What is the cost of an Angola eVisa?
The amount you spend on the visa on arrival is $120, but the cost of an Angola eVisa is determined by the option you choose regarding the processing time of your application. As you can expect, the sooner you wish for you eVisa to arrive, the more you have to pay for it. Here are the prices:
- Standard - USD 30.00
- Rush - USD 60.00
- Super Rush - USD 90.00
How long is the Angola eVisa valid for and how many entries does it ensure?
The Angola eVisa is a Multiple Entry visa, and it is valid for 6 days since issuance.
How long can I stay in Angola with an Angola eVisa?
When you hold an Angola eVisa, you can stay in Angola for no more than 30 days Total.
Can I use the Angola eVisa at any point of entry in Angola?
No. The Angola eVisa grants you entry only if you travel to Angola via one of the border checkpoints listed below. Any other point of entry requires you to go to the nearest Angolan embassy and apply for a standard visa.
- Quatro de Fevereiro Airport (Luanda)
- Lubango Airport
- Massabi (Republic of the Congo border)
- Luau (Democratic Republic of the Congo border)
- Curoca (Namibia border)