If you decide to take a trip to Angola, you should be aware of the fact that most nationalities need a visa to enter the country. At the same time, it is good to know that Angola adopted the electronic visa system back in 2018, and the citizens of 59 states are eligible for an electronic visa. If you count yourself among them, you can apply for an Angola eVisa online, and iVisa can help you with the application process. However, keep in mind that the Angola eVisa is a simple pre-visa that allows you to get an Angola visa on arrival once you reach your destination. For further information, please read the answers to the most commonly asked questions below.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
As a Hungarian citizen, do I qualify for an Angola eVisa?
Yes. Hungary is on the list of countries whose citizens have access to an Angola eVisa.
What are the requirements for an Angola eVisa?
Before you proceed to the application page to fill in the form, you have to make sure that you have at hand the necessary documents and information. Even so, they are generally effortless to acquire. What you need for a successful application process is as follows:
- Passport – all applicants must have a valid passport that remains as such for another year from the date of arrival in Angola. The document must also have at least 4 blank pages
- A photo – the picture must be taken as recently as possible on a white background.
- Proof of accommodation – you can use a hotel booking confirmation or a letter from friends/family that confirms you have a place to stay while in Angola
- An international vaccination certificate against Yellow Fever
- Proof of sufficient funds – according to Angola’s visa policy, all tourists must have at their disposal at least $200 per day (or the equivalent)
- Return flight ticket – this stands as proof that you will not stay more than your visa allows
- E-mail address – the receipt that enables you to get your Angola visa on arrival will be sent via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print it out before your departure
- Means of payment – you can use a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are also accepted.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
You get to choose that. iVisa provides you with three options as far as the processing speed of the visa application is concerned. Consequently, you can pick the one that best suits your needs. Here is what you can opt for:
- Standard processing – your application is reviewed within 6 business days
- Rush processing – your Angola eVisa arrives within 4 business days
- Super Rush processing – you must wait only 2 business days for your eVisa to arrive
What is the cost of an Angola eVisa?
The Angola visa on arrival has a fee of $120. The cost of an Angola eVisa, however, is established when you select a processing speed for your application. Naturally, the fastest option is the most expensive. Here are the prices:
- Standard - USD 30.00
- Rush - USD 60.00
- Super Rush - USD 90.00
How long is the Angola eVisa valid for and how many entries does it ensure?
The Angola eVisa is a Multiple Entry visa, and it remains valid for 6 business days since the date of issue.
How long can I stay in Angola with an Angola eVisa?
When you hold an Angola eVisa, your stay in Angola cannot go beyond 30 days Total.
Can I use the Angola eVisa at any point of entry in Angola?
No. Only 5 points of entry accept an Angola eVisa and they are listed below. Remember that any other border checkpoint requires a standard visa.
- Quatro de Fevereiro Airport (Luanda)
- Lubango Airport
- Massabi (Republic of the Congo border)
- Luau (Democratic Republic of the Congo border)
- Curoca (Namibia border)