Do you plan on traveling to Angola anytime soon? Have you checked if you require a visa? Since there are only 11 visa-exempt nationalities, chances are that you do. However, Angola adopted the electronic visa system in 2018, and the citizens of 59 countries can apply for an Angola eVisa online. In case you are among them, iVisa can help with the application process. Bear in mind that the Angola eVisa is not a visa per se. It just enables you to obtain an Angola visa on arrival as soon as you reach your destination. If you are interested in finding out more about the Angola e
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
As an Icelandic citizen, do I qualify for an Angola eVisa?
Yes. Iceland is on the list of countries whose citizens are eligible for an Angola eVisa.
What are the requirements for an Angola eVisa?
The requirements for an Angola eVisa are nothing out of the ordinary. The items on the list below are easy to acquire, and chances are that you already have some of them. Here is what you need:
- Passport – all applicants must have a valid passport that remains as such for another year from the date of arrival in Angola. The document must also have at least 4 blank pages
- A photo – the picture must be taken as recently as possible on a white background.
- Proof of accommodation – you can use a hotel booking confirmation or a letter from friends/family that confirms you have a place to stay while in Angola
- An international vaccination certificate against Yellow Fever
- Proof of sufficient funds – according to Angola’s visa policy, all tourists must have at their disposal at least $200 per day (or the equivalent)
- Return flight ticket – this stands as proof that you will not stay more than your visa allows
- E-mail address – the receipt that enables you to get your Angola visa on arrival will be sent via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print it out before your departure
- Means of payment – you can use a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are acceptable as well.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
That is up to you. When you choose iVisa as your visa service, you are given a chance to pick the processing speed of your application. You get three options so that you can select the one that best works for you. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – your application is reviewed within 6 Business Days
- Rush processing – your Angola eVisa arrives within 4 Business Days
- Super Rush processing – you must wait only 2 Business Days for your eVisa to arrive
What is the cost of an Angola eVisa?
The visa on arrival costs $120, and you must pay it when you get to Angola. The price of an Angola eVisa, on the other hand, depends on the processing speed you pick for your application. Here are the prices for each option:
- Standard - USD 30.00
- Rush - USD 60.00
- Super Rush - USD 90.00
How long is the Angola eVisa valid for and how many entries does it ensure?
The Angola eVisa is a Multiple Entry visa, and it is valid for 6 Business Days since the release date.
How long can I stay in Angola with an Angola eVisa?
The Angola eVisa ensures a stay of no more than 30 days in Total.
Can I use the Angola eVisa at any point of entry in Angola?
No. The Angola eVisa is accepted as a valid travel document at only 5 border checkpoints which can be found below. Choosing a different one means that you must go to the nearest Angolan diplomatic mission and apply for a standard visa.
- Quatro de Fevereiro Airport (Luanda)
- Lubango Airport
- Massabi (Republic of the Congo border)
- Luau (Democratic Republic of the Congo border)
- Curoca (Namibia border)