A trip to Angola most likely requires you to obtain a visa. However, there is some good news as well. In 2018, Angola joined the countries that adopted the electronic visa system. Consequently, the citizens of 59 countries can apply for an Angola eVisa online. If you are among them, iVisa can help you with the application process. Nevertheless, remember that the Angola eVisa is not a visa per se. It is a pre-visa that enables you to acquire an Angola visa on arrival once you reach your destination. To learn more information about the Angola eVisa, you should take a minute and read the answers to some of the most commonly asked questions below.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
As an Indian citizen, do I qualify for an Angola eVisa?
Yes. The citizens of India are eligible for an Angola eVisa.
What are the requirements for an Angola eVisa?
The online process of getting an Angola eVisa is not complicated, but you have to make sure that you meet the requirements. Even so, there is nothing on the list that is challenging to acquire, and you may already have some of the necessary documents and information. What you need is as follows:
- Passport – all applicants must have a valid passport that remains as such for another year from the date of arrival in Angola. The document must also have at least 4 blank pages
- A photo – the picture must be taken as recently as possible on a white background.
- Proof of accommodation – you can use a hotel booking confirmation or a letter from friends/family that confirms you have a place to stay while in Angola
- An international vaccination certificate against Yellow Fever
- Proof of sufficient funds – according to Angola’s visa policy, all tourists must have at their disposal at least $200 per day (or the equivalent)
- Return flight ticket – this stands as proof that you will not stay more than your visa allows
- E-mail address – the receipt that enables you to get your Angola visa on arrival will be sent via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print it out before your departure
- Means of payment – you can use a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are also accepted.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
As long as you choose. iVisa gives you the opportunity to pick the processing speed of your application so that you can receive your eVisa precisely at the right moment. You get three options:
- Standard processing – your application is reviewed within 6 Business Days
- Rush processing – your Angola eVisa arrives within 4 Business Days
- Super Rush processing – you must wait only 2 Business Days for your eVisa to arrive
What is the cost of an Angola eVisa?
The cost of an Angola visa on arrival is of $120, and you must pay it when you get to Angola. However, the price of an Angola eVisa is determined by the processing speed you select for your application. Here are the prices of each option:
- Standard - USD 30.00
- Rush - USD 60.00
- Super Rush - USD 90.00
How long is the Angola eVisa valid for and how many entries does it ensure?
The Angola eVisa is a Multiple Entry visa, and it maintains its validity 6 Business Days since the issue date.
How long can I stay in Angola with an Angola eVisa?
The Angola eVisa ensures a stay of no more than 30 days in Total.
Can I use the Angola eVisa at any point of entry in Angola?
No. Only 5 points of entry recognize the Angola eVisa as a valid travel document and they are listed below. Any other border checkpoint asks that you hold a standard visa issued by an Angolan embassy.
- Quatro de Fevereiro Airport (Luanda)
- Lubango Airport
- Massabi (Republic of the Congo border)
- Luau (Democratic Republic of the Congo border)
- Curoca (Namibia border)