If you are planning a trip to Angola, know that you are very likely required to first obtain a visa. Only 11 nationalities are exempt. However, the good news is that Angola introduced the electronic visa system in its visa policy, and as a result, the citizens of 59 countries can now apply for an Angola eVisa online. iVisa can help with the application process. But please remember that the Angola eVisa is merely a pre-visa on whose basis you can get an Angola visa on arrival once you get to Angola. For more information about the Angola eVisa, please read the answers to some of the most commonly asked questions you can find below.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
As an Indonesian citizen, do I qualify for an Angola eVisa?
Yes. The visa policy of Angola allows the citizens of Indonesia to apply for an Angola eVisa.
What are the requirements for an Angola eVisa?
You cannot apply for an Angola eVisa unless you can meet the below requirements. The good news, however, is that the Angola eVisa is not a demanding visa to obtain. You only need a few documents and some information to get the process started. They are as follows:
- Passport – all applicants must have a valid passport that remains as such for another year from the date of arrival in Angola. The document must also have at least 4 blank pages
- A photo – the picture must be taken as recently as possible on a white background.
- Proof of accommodation – you can use a hotel booking confirmation or a letter from friends/family that confirms you have a place to stay while in Angola
- An international vaccination certificate against Yellow Fever
- Proof of sufficient funds – according to Angola’s visa policy, all tourists must have at their disposal at least $200 per day (or the equivalent)
- Return flight ticket – this stands as proof that you will not stay more than your visa allows
- E-mail address – the receipt that enables you to get your Angola visa on arrival will be sent via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print it out before your departure
- Means of payment – you can use a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are acceptable as well.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
It depends on the choice you make. iVisa allows you to decide on a processing speed for your application so that you can receive your travel document precisely when you need it. You can choose from the next three options:
- Standard processing – your application is reviewed within 6 Business Days
- Rush processing – your Angola eVisa arrives within 4 Business Days
- Super Rush processing – you must wait only 2 Business Days for your eVisa to arrive
What is the cost of an Angola eVisa?
The Angola visa on arrival costs $120, which you have to pay when you land in Angola. The Angola eVisa, however, has a variable cost. It depends on which option you choose regarding the processing time of your application. The prices for each option are as follows:
- Standard - USD 30.00
- Rush - USD 60.00
- Super Rush - USD 90.00
How long is the Angola eVisa valid for and how many entries does it ensure?
The Angola eVisa is a Multiple Entry visa, and it expires 6 Business Days after the issue date.
How long can I stay in Angola with an Angola eVisa?
The Angola eVisa grants a stay of maximum 30 days in Total
Can I use the Angola eVisa at any point of entry in Angola?
No. When you hold an Angola eVisa, you can travel to Angola only via the 5 points of entry listed below. Otherwise, a standard visa issued by the Angolan embassy is required.
- Quatro de Fevereiro Airport (Luanda)
- Lubango Airport
- Massabi (Republic of the Congo border)
- Luau (Democratic Republic of the Congo border)
- Curoca (Namibia border)