Do you plan to travel to Angola anytime soon? Then the first thing you must do is to check whether or not you need a visa to enter the country. Chances are that you do. There is some good news as well. Angola made a few changes in its visa policy in 2018, and by that, we mean that it adopted the electronic visa system. There are 59 states whose citizens have access to it. So, if you are eligible, you can apply for an Angola eVisa online, and iVisa is here to provide assistance with the process. Just keep in mind that the Angola eVisa is a simple pre-visa that enables you to obtain a visa on arrival once you reach your destination. For further details about the Angola eVisa, please read the information below.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
As an Irish citizen, do I qualify for an Angola eVisa?
Yes. The citizens of Ireland are among the eligible nationalities for an Angola eVisa.
What are the requirements for an Angola eVisa?
Before you start the process of getting an Angola eVisa, you must first put together a few documents and some information. The list is not very long, and you may already have some of the items on it. Here is what you will need:
- Passport – all applicants must have a valid passport that remains as such for another year from the date of arrival in Angola. The document must also have at least 4 blank pages
- A photo – the picture must be taken as recently as possible on a white background.
- Proof of accommodation – you can use a hotel booking confirmation or a letter from friends/family that confirms you have a place to stay while in Angola
- An international vaccination certificate against Yellow Fever
- Proof of sufficient funds – according to Angola’s visa policy, all tourists must have at their disposal at least $200 per day (or the equivalent)
- Return flight ticket – this stands as proof that you will not stay more than your visa allows
- E-mail address – the receipt that enables you to get your Angola visa on arrival will be sent via e-mail in PDF format. Do not forget to print it out before your departure
- Means of payment – you can use a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are also accepted.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
That is for you to decide. All that iVisa does is to provide three options when it comes to the processing speed of your application. You are at liberty to choose the one that best suits your needs. Here is what you can go for:
- Standard processing – your application is reviewed within 6 business days
- Rush processing – your Angola eVisa arrives within 4 business days
- Super Rush processing – you must wait only 2 business days for your eVisa to arrive
What is the cost of an Angola eVisa?
The visa on arrival costs $120, and the fee must be paid when you get to Angola. The cost of an Angola eVisa, on the other hand, is established during the application process when you choose the processing speed of your application. The faster the processing time, the higher the price will be. Here are the prices:
- Standard - USD 30.00
- Rush - USD 60.00
- Super Rush - USD 90.00
How long is the Angola eVisa valid for and how many entries does it ensure?
The Angola eVisa is a Multiple Entry visa, and it has a validity period of 6 business days since the issue date.
How long can I stay in Angola with an Angola eVisa?
The Angola eVisa ensures a stay of no more than 30 days Total
Can I use the Angola eVisa at any point of entry in Angola?
No. The Angola eVisa can be used only at 5 points of entry, as listed below. All other border checkpoints will ask you for a standard visa issued by an Angolan diplomatic mission.
- Quatro de Fevereiro Airport (Luanda)
- Lubango Airport
- Massabi (Republic of the Congo border)
- Luau (Democratic Republic of the Congo border)
- Curoca (Namibia border)