Are you planning a trip to Angola? Then you should check if you need a visa or not. Since most nationalities do, chances are that you are required to get one as well. Nevertheless, you should know that Angola has an electronic visa system, and if it happens for you to be eligible, you can apply for an Angola eVisa online. That is something iVisa can help you with. Just remember that the Angola eVisa is not a visa per se but only a pre-visa that allows you to obtain a visa on arrival once you get to Angola. If you are interested in finding out more about the Angola eVisa, please read the answers to the most commonly asked questions below.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can the citizens of Italy apply for an Angola eVisa?
Yes, as an Italian citizen, you are eligible for an Angola eVisa.
What do I need to successfully apply for an Angola eVisa?
When you apply online for an Angola eVisa, you must have at hand a few documents and some information that are necessary during the application process. As you will see, the list includes items that are fairly easy to obtain. Here is what you need:
- Passport – the document in question must be valid and maintain its validity for at least another year from the date of arrival in Angola. 4 blank pages are also necessary
- A photo – the picture must be as recent as possible and captured on a white background.
- Proof of accommodation –a hotel booking confirmation is more than enough, but if you plan on staying with family or friends, you need to have them write a letter that attests that
- An international vaccination certificate against Yellow Fever
- Proof of sufficient funds – according to Angola’s visa policy, all visitors must have at their disposal at least $200 per day (or the equivalent)
- Return flight ticket – this is proof that you do not plan on staying for longer than your visa allows
- E-mail address – the receipt that enables you to get your Angola visa on arrival will be sent via e-mail in PDF format. You must print it out before your departure
- Means of payment – you can use a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are acceptable as well
How long does it take for my Angola eVisa to arrive?
That depends on which option you choose when it comes to the processing time of your application. iVisa gives you three options so that you can have your eVisa arrive precisely at the right moment. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – you receive your Angola eVisa within 6 Business Days
- Rush processing – your application is processed within 4 Business Days
- Super Rush processing – it takes 2 Business Days for your eVisa to be ready
How much does it cost to apply for an Angola eVisa?
The visa on arrival has a fee of $120, and you have to pay it when you get to Angola. The price of an Angola eVisa, however, is determined by the processing time you choose for your application. Here are the prices for all options:
- Standard - USD 30.00
- Rush - USD 60.00
- Super Rush - USD 90.00
What is the validity period of an Angola eVisa and how many entries does it cover?
The Angola eVisa is a Multiple Entry visa, and it remains valid for 6 Business Days since issuance.
What is the duration of stay granted by an Angola eVisa?
When you hold an Angola eVisa, you can stay in Angola for no more than 30 days in Total
Are there specific points of entry in Angola that accept an Angola eVisa?
Yes. Only 5 points of entry accept an Angola eVisa and release visas on arrival. They are listed below. Any other border checkpoint requires you to obtain a standard visa from the nearest Angolan embassy.
- Quatro de Fevereiro Airport (Luanda)
- Lubango Airport
- Massabi (Republic of the Congo border)
- Luau (Democratic Republic of the Congo border)
- Curoca (Namibia border)