Are you traveling to Angola anytime soon? Then you should know that chances are you must obtain a visa first. The good news is that Angola adopted the electronic visa system in 2018, and as a result, the citizens of 59 states can apply for an Angola eVisa online. iVisa can help you with the online application process. However, please bear in mind that the Angola eVisa is not a visa per se. It is a pre-visa that enables you to get a visa on arrival once you reach Angola. For more information about the Angola eVisa, you should read the answers to some of the most commonly asked questions below.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can the citizens of Japan apply for an Angola eVisa?
Yes. Japanese citizens are among the nationalities that have access to an Angola eVisa.
What do I need to successfully apply for an Angola eVisa?
The online process of getting an Angola eVisa is not as demanding as going to an embassy. Even so, you must put together a set of documents and information which are generally easy to acquire. Here is what you will need:
- Passport – the document in question must be valid and maintain its validity for at least another year from the date of arrival in Angola. 4 blank pages are also necessary.
- A photo – the picture must be as recent as possible and captured on a white background.
- Proof of accommodation – a hotel booking confirmation is more than enough, but if you plan on staying with family or friends, you need to have them write a letter that attests that.
- An international vaccination certificate against Yellow Fever
- Proof of sufficient funds – according to Angola’s visa policy, all visitors must have at their disposal at least $200 per day (or the equivalent).
- Return flight ticket – this is proof that you do not plan on staying for longer than your visa allows.
- E-mail address – the receipt that enables you to get your Angola visa on arrival will be sent via e-mail in PDF format. You must print it out before your departure
- Means of payment – you can use a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are acceptable as well.
How long does it take for my Angola eVisa to arrive?
That is up to you. iVisa provides you with three options as far as the processing speed of your application is concerned so that you can make the best possible choice for you. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – you receive your Angola eVisa within 6 Business Days
- Rush processing – your application is processed within 4 Business Days
- Super Rush processing – it takes 2 Business Days for your eVisa to be ready
How much does it cost to apply for an Angola eVisa?
That depends. The cost of an Angola eVisa is determined by which option you choose regarding the processing speed of your application. The faster you want the processing to go, the more you have to pay. The prices are:
- Standard - USD 30.00
- Rush - USD 60.00
- Super Rush - USD 90.00
What is the validity period of an Angola eVisa and how many entries does it cover?
The Angola eVisa is a Multiple Entry visa, and it is valid for 6 Business Days since issuance.
What is the duration of stay granted by an Angola eVisa?
An Angola eVisa ensures a stay of maximum 30 days in Total
Are there specific points of entry in Angola that accept an Angola eVisa?
Yes. Only 5 points of entry in Angola accept an Angola eVisa as a valid travel document and they are listed below. If you choose a different border checkpoint, you must obtain a consular visa from an Angolan embassy.
- Quatro de Fevereiro Airport (Luanda)
- Lubango Airport
- Massabi (Republic of the Congo border)
- Luau (Democratic Republic of the Congo border)
- Curoca (Namibia border)