The process of planning a trip to Angola implies plenty of time and consideration, but one of the most important things you need to think about is the fact that you may need a visa to enter the country. However, there is some good news as well. Apparently, Angola adopted the electronic visa in 2018, and the citizens of 59 states have access to an Angola eVisa online. iVisa can be of assistance with the online application process. Keep in mind that the Angola eVisa is a mere pre-visa that allows you to obtain a visa on arrival once you get to Angola. To find out more about the Angola eVisa, you should read the answers to the most commonly asked questions below.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can the citizens of Latvia apply for an Angola eVisa?
Yes. Latvian citizens are among the 59 nationalities that can apply for an Angola eVisa online.
What do I need to successfully apply for an Angola eVisa?
The requirements for an Angola eVisa are nothing out of the ordinary. The list is not too long, and the items on it should not be challenging to acquire. Plus, you may already have some of them at your disposal. What you need is as follows:
- Passport – the document in question must be valid and maintain its validity for at least another year from the date of arrival in Angola. 4 blank pages are also necessary
- A photo – the picture must be as recent as possible and captured on a white background.
- Proof of accommodation – a hotel booking confirmation is more than enough, but if you plan on staying with family or friends, you need to have them write a letter that attests that
- An international vaccination certificate against Yellow Fever
- Proof of sufficient funds – according to Angola’s visa policy, all visitors must have at their disposal at least $200 per day (or the equivalent)
- Return flight ticket – this is proof that you do not plan on staying for longer than your visa allows
- E-mail address – the receipt that enables you to get your Angola visa on arrival will be sent via e-mail in PDF format. You must print it out before your departure
- Means of payment – you can use a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are acceptable as well
How long does it take for my Angola eVisa to arrive?
It should not be too long for your Angola eVisa to arrive. Plus, using iVisa’s services means that you get to choose the timeframe in which your application is processed. iVisa gives you three options so that you can pick the one that best satisfies your needs. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – you receive your Angola eVisa within 6 business days
- Rush processing – your application is processed within 4 business days
- Super Rush processing – it takes 2 business days for your eVisa to be ready
How much does it cost to apply for an Angola eVisa?
Regarding the visa on arrival, it has a fee of $120, which you must pay when you get to Angola. The cost of an Angola eVisa, on the other hand, is determined by the processing speed you choose for your application. The quicker the processing, the more you are charged. The prices are as follows:
- Standard - USD 30.00
- Rush - USD 60.00
- Super Rush - USD 90.00
What is the validity period of an Angola eVisa and how many entries does it cover?
The Angola eVisa is a Multiple Entry visa, and it is valid for 6 business days since the issue date.
What is the duration of stay granted by an Angola eVisa?
The Angola eVisa covers a stay of no more than 30 days Total
Are there specific points of entry in Angola that accept an Angola eVisa?
Yes. There are 5 points of entry that accept an Angola eVisa and they are listed below. All the others require a standard visa issued by the Angolan embassy in your area.
- Quatro de Fevereiro Airport (Luanda)
- Lubango Airport
- Massabi (Republic of the Congo border)
- Luau (Democratic Republic of the Congo border)
- Curoca (Namibia border)