When you plan your trip to Angola, one of the most important things you need to do is to check if you need a visa since most nationalities do. At the same time, know that Angola introduced the electronic visa system in 2018, and as a result, there are 59 countries whose citizens can apply for an Angola eVisa online. iVisa facilitates the application process. However, please remember that the Angola eVisa is just of means of getting a visa on arrival once you reach your destination. It is not a visa per se. To find out more details about the Angola eVisa, the answers to the most commonly asked questions below should be of help.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can the citizens of Lesotho apply for an Angola eVisa?
Yes. Basotho citizens are eligible for an Angola eVisa.
What do I need to successfully apply for an Angola eVisa?
The Angola eVisa is not a demanding visa to obtain. In fact, the list of requirements is not that long, and chances are that you already have some of the items on it. Here is what you need for the online application process:
- Passport – the document in question must be valid and maintain its validity for at least another year from the date of arrival in Angola. 4 blank pages are also necessary
- A photo – the picture must be as recent as possible and captured on a white background.
- Proof of accommodation – a hotel booking confirmation is more than enough, but if you plan on staying with family or friends, you need to have them write a letter that attests that
- An international vaccination certificate against Yellow Fever
- Proof of sufficient funds – according to Angola’s visa policy, all visitors must have at their disposal at least $200 per day (or the equivalent)
- Return flight ticket – this is proof that you do not plan on staying for longer than your visa allows
- E-mail address – the receipt that enables you to get your Angola visa on arrival will be sent via e-mail in PDF format. You must print it out before your departure
- Means of payment – you can use a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are acceptable as well
How long does it take for my Angola eVisa to arrive?
That depends on the choice you make. iVisa provides you with three processing speed options for your application so that you can make the best possible choice for you. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – you receive your Angola eVisa within 6 Business Days
- Rush processing – your application is processed within 4 Business Days
- Super Rush processing – it takes 2 Business Days for your eVisa to be ready
How much does it cost to apply for an Angola eVisa?
The visa on arrival itself costs $120, a fee that must be paid once you reach your destination. On the other hand, the price of an Angola eVisa depends on the processing speed you select for your application. Here are the prices for all options:
- Standard - USD 30.00
- Rush - USD 60.00
- Super Rush - USD 90.00
What is the validity period of an Angola eVisa and how many entries does it cover?
The Angola eVisa is a Multiple Entry visa, and it remains valid for 6 Business Days since date of issue..
What is the duration of stay granted by an Angola eVisa?
When you hold an Angola eVisa, you can stay in Angola for a period that is limited to 30 days in Total
Are there specific points of entry in Angola that accept an Angola eVisa?
Yes, there are only 5 of them, actually and are listed below. Please keep in mind that choosing a different point of entry means that you have to go to the nearest Angolan embassy and apply for a standard visa.
- Quatro de Fevereiro Airport (Luanda)
- Lubango Airport
- Massabi (Republic of the Congo border)
- Luau (Democratic Republic of the Congo border)
- Curoca (Namibia border)