Do you plan on going to Angola in the near future? Chances are that you, like most nationalities, need a visa to enter the country. Fortunately, Angola is among the states that adopted the electronic visa system, and 59 nationalities are granted access to it. If you are among them, you can apply for an Angola eVisa online, and iVisa can help with the application process. However, it is important to remember that the Angola eVisa does not automatically grant you entry in Angola. It is a simple pre-visa that allows you to acquire a visa on arrival. For further details about the Angola eVisa, read the answers to the most commonly asked questions below.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can the citizens of Luxembourg apply for an Angola eVisa?
Yes. Luxembourg is on the list of countries whose citizens qualify for an Angola eVisa.
What do I need to successfully apply for an Angola eVisa?
The process of obtaining an Angola eVisa is not as demanding as you would think. You need a few documents and some information, but you may already have some of them in your possession. Here is what you need:
- Passport – the document in question must be valid and maintain its validity for at least another year from the date of arrival in Angola. 4 blank pages are also necessary
- A photo – the picture must be as recent as possible and captured on a white background.
- Proof of accommodation – a hotel booking confirmation is more than enough, but if you plan on staying with family or friends, you need to have them write a letter that attests that
- An international vaccination certificate against Yellow Fever
- Proof of sufficient funds – according to Angola’s visa policy, all visitors must have at their disposal at least $200 per day (or the equivalent)
- Return flight ticket – this is proof that you do not plan on staying for longer than your visa allows
- E-mail address – the receipt that enables you to get your Angola visa on arrival will be sent via e-mail in PDF format. You must print it out before your departure
- Means of payment – you can use a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are acceptable as well
How long does it take for my Angola eVisa to arrive?
That depends on you. All that iVisa does is to provide you with three options as far as the processing speed of your application is concerned. It falls on you to pick the one that best suits your needs. Here is what you can opt for:
- Standard processing – you receive your Angola eVisa within 6 days
- Rush processing – your application is processed within 4 days
- Super Rush processing – it takes 48 hours for your eVisa to be ready
How much does it cost to apply for an Angola eVisa?
The visa on arrival has a price of $120, and the fee must be paid when you get to Angola. On the other hand, the amount you are charged or an Angola eVisa depends on how soon you want your Angola eVisa to be ready. Here are the prices for each processing option:
- Standard - USD 30.00
- Rush - USD 60.00
- Super Rush - USD 90.00
What is the validity period of an Angola eVisa and how many entries does it cover?
The Angola eVisa is a Multiple Entry visa, and it keeps its validity for 6 days since the issue date.
What is the duration of stay granted by an Angola eVisa?
Your stay in Angola cannot go beyond 30 days Total
Are there specific points of entry in Angola that accept an Angola eVisa?
Yes. Only 5 points of entry consider the Angola eVisa a valid travel document and they can be found below. Keep in mind that any other border checkpoint requires a standard visa issued by an Angolan embassy.
- Quatro de Fevereiro Airport (Luanda)
- Lubango Airport
- Massabi (Republic of the Congo border)
- Luau (Democratic Republic of the Congo border)
- Curoca (Namibia border)