Do you plan on traveling to Angola anytime soon? Then you should know that unless you are among the 11 visa-exempt nationalities, you are required to obtain a visa. At the same time, Angola introduced the electronic visa system in 2018, and the citizens of 59 countries have access to an Angola eVisa. If you are among them, iVisa can help you with the online application process. However, please bear in mind that the Angola eVisa is not a visa per se. It is merely a pre-visa that enables you to get a visa on arrival once you reach Angola. For more information about the Angola eVisa, you should read the answers to the most commonly asked questions below.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can the citizens of Madagascar apply for an Angola eVisa?
Yes. Malagasy citizens are among the nationalities that are eligible for an Angola eVisa.
What do I need to successfully apply for an Angola eVisa?
The list of requirements for an Angola eVisa is not that long, and chances are that you already have at your disposal some of the required documents and information. If not, they are relatively easy to acquire. What you need is as follows:
- Passport – the document in question must be valid and maintain its validity for at least another year from the date of arrival in Angola. 4 blank pages are also necessary
- A photo – the picture must be as recent as possible and captured on a white background.
- Proof of accommodation – a hotel booking confirmation is more than enough, but if you plan on staying with family or friends, you need to have them write a letter that attests that
- An international vaccination certificate against Yellow Fever
- Proof of sufficient funds – according to Angola’s visa policy, all visitors must have at their disposal at least $200 per day (or the equivalent)
- Return flight ticket – this is proof that you do not plan on staying for longer than your visa allows
- E-mail address – the receipt that enables you to get your Angola visa on arrival will be sent via e-mail in PDF format. You must print it out before your departure
- Means of payment – you can use a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are acceptable as well.
How long does it take for my Angola eVisa to arrive?
The choice is yours. iVisa gives you the possibility to choose the processing speed of your application according to your needs. You are provided with the following three options:
- Standard processing – you receive your Angola eVisa within 6 Business Days
- Rush processing – your application is processed within 4 Business Days
- Super Rush processing – it takes 2 Business Days for your eVisa to be ready
How much does it cost to apply for an Angola eVisa?
You must pay $120 for the visa on arrival, and that is when you get to Angola. The amount you spend on an Angola eVisa, however, is influenced by how soon you want your eVisa to arrive. The faster the processing time, the higher the cost will be. Here are the prices for each processing option:
- Standard - USD 30.00
- Rush - USD 60.00
- Super Rush - USD 90.00
What is the validity period of an Angola eVisa and how many entries does it cover?
The Angola eVisa is a Multiple Entry visa, and it has a validity period of 6 Business Days since issuance.
What is the duration of stay granted by an Angola eVisa?
You cannot spend more than 30 days in Total in Angola.
Are there specific points of entry in Angola that accept an Angola eVisa?
Yes. An Angola eVisa allows you to travel to Angola only via the points of entry listed below. Choosing a different one requires you to get a standard visa from the Angolan embassy.
- Quatro de Fevereiro Airport (Luanda)
- Lubango Airport
- Massabi (Republic of the Congo border)
- Luau (Democratic Republic of the Congo border)
- Curoca (Namibia border)