Are you going to Angola in the near future? Then you should probably know that chances are you need to obtain a visa first. On the other hand, you will be pleased to learn that Angola’s visa policy includes an electronic visa system, and if you are among the 59 eligible nationalities, you can apply for an Angola eVisa online. iVisa is here to help you with the application process. However, you should be aware of the fact that the Angola eVisa does not automatically grant you entry in Angola. It is but a pre-visa that enables you to get a visa on arrival once you land in Angola. If you are interested in learning more about the Angola eVisa, you should take a look at the answers to the most commonly asked questions below.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can the citizens of Malawi apply for an Angola eVisa?
Yes. As a Malawian citizen, you count yourself among the 59 nationalities that can apply for an Angola eVisa online.
What do I need to successfully apply for an Angola eVisa?
The requirements for an Angola eVisa are not unusual, and chances are that you already have some of the required documentation and information at hand. If not, rest assured that most of them are almost effortless to acquire. Here is what you will need:
- Passport – the document in question must be valid and maintain its validity for at least another year from the date of arrival in Angola. 4 blank pages are also necessary
- A photo – the picture must be as recent as possible and captured on a white background.
- Proof of accommodation – a hotel booking confirmation is more than enough, but if you plan on staying with family or friends, you need to have them write a letter that attests that
- An international vaccination certificate against Yellow Fever
- Proof of sufficient funds – according to Angola’s visa policy, all visitors must have at their disposal at least $200 per day (or the equivalent)
- Return flight ticket – this is proof that you do not plan on staying for longer than your visa allows
- E-mail address – the receipt that enables you to get your Angola visa on arrival will be sent via e-mail in PDF format. You must print it out before your departure
- Means of payment – you can use a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are also acceptable.
How long does it take for my Angola eVisa to arrive?
It can take as long as you choose for your Angola eVisa to arrive. iVisa puts at your disposal three processing speed options for your application so that you can select the one that you think is best for you. Here is what you can choose from:
- Standard processing – you receive your Angola eVisa within 6 days
- Rush processing – your application is processed within 4 days
- Super Rush processing – it takes 48 hours for your eVisa to be ready
How much does it cost to apply for an Angola eVisa?
The fee for the visa on arrival is of $120, but you must pay it when you get to Angola. The amount you are charged for an Angola eVisa, however, depends on the processing speed of your application. The faster you want your eVisa to arrive, the more you have to pay for it. The prices for each option are:
- Standard - USD 30.00
- Rush - USD 60.00
- Super Rush - USD 90.00
What is the validity period of an Angola eVisa and how many entries does it cover?
The Angola eVisa is a Multiple Entry visa, and it is valid for 6 days since the issue date.
What is the duration of stay granted by an Angola eVisa?
Your stay in Angola is limited to 30 days Total
Are there specific points of entry in Angola that accept an Angola eVisa?
Yes. Only 5 points of entry will allow you to cross the border with an Angola eVisa. They are listed below. If you decide to travel to Angola via another border checkpoint, you must hold a standard visa.
- Quatro de Fevereiro Airport (Luanda)
- Lubango Airport
- Massabi (Republic of the Congo border)
- Luau (Democratic Republic of the Congo border)
- Curoca (Namibia border)