A trip to Angola requires a lot of planning and consideration. But did you know that most nationalities need a visa to enter the country? Fortunately, Angola is one of the countries that adopted the electronic visa system, and if you find yourself among the eligible nationalities, you can apply for an Angola eVisa online. iVisa can make the application process almost effortless. However, you should bear in mind that the Angola eVisa is not a visa per se. It is a simple document that allows you to obtain a visa on arrival once you reach your destination. For more information about the Angola eVisa, read below the answers to a few of the most frequently asked questions.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can the citizens of Malta apply for an Angola eVisa?
Yes. Maltese citizens qualify for an Angola eVisa.
What do I need to successfully apply for an Angola eVisa?
The required documents and information for an Angola eVisa are easy to acquire. The list is not very long, and you may already have some of them. Here is what you will need:
- Passport – the document in question must be valid and maintain its validity for at least another year from the date of arrival in Angola. 4 blank pages are also necessary
- A photo – the picture must be as recent as possible and captured on a white background.
- Proof of accommodation – a hotel booking confirmation is more than enough, but if you plan on staying with family or friends, you need to have them write a letter that attests that
- An international vaccination certificate against Yellow Fever
- Proof of sufficient funds – according to Angola’s visa policy, all visitors must have at their disposal at least $200 per day (or the equivalent)
- Return flight ticket – this is proof that you do not plan on staying for longer than your visa allows
- E-mail address – the receipt that enables you to get your Angola visa on arrival will be sent via e-mail in PDF format. You must print it out before your departure
- Means of payment – you can use a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are acceptable as well.
How long does it take for my Angola eVisa to arrive?
That depends on the option you choose. iVisa provides you with three choices as far as the processing speed of your application is concerned. That way, you can pick the one that is best for you. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – you receive your Angola eVisa within 6 days
- Rush processing – your application is processed within 4 days
- Super Rush processing – it takes 48 hours for your eVisa to be ready
How much does it cost to apply for an Angola eVisa?
The visa on arrival has a fee of $120, which you have to pay when you get to Angola. The cost of an Angola eVisa, on the other hand, is determined by the processing speed of your application. Naturally, the faster you want the processing to go, the more you have to pay. The prices are:
- Standard - USD 30.00
- Rush - USD 60.00
- Super Rush - USD 90.00
What is the validity period of an Angola eVisa and how many entries does it cover?
The Angola eVisa is a Multiple Entry visa, and expires 6 days after the issue date.
What is the duration of stay granted by an Angola eVisa?
You can stay in Angola for no more than 30 days Total
Are there specific points of entry in Angola that accept an Angola eVisa?
Yes. When you hold an Angola eVisa, you can travel to Angola only via the points of entry listed below. If you decide to cross the border through another checkpoint, you must first obtain a standard visa from the nearest Angolan diplomatic mission.
- Quatro de Fevereiro Airport (Luanda)
- Lubango Airport
- Massabi (Republic of the Congo border)
- Luau (Democratic Republic of the Congo border)
- Curoca (Namibia border)