Planning a trip to Angola is not an easy task. There are many things that need to be taken into consideration. One of them is the fact that you may have to get a visa. The good news is that Angola’s visa policy includes an electronic visa system, and if you are among the 59 eligible nationalities, you have the possibility to apply for an Angola eVisa online. iVisa will make the application process close to effortless. However, please keep in mind that the Angola eVisa is a simple means to an end. It does not grant you entry in Angola but enables you to obtain a visa on arrival. For more details about the Angola eVisa, you should read the information below.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can the citizens of Monaco apply for an Angola eVisa?
Yes. Monegasque citizens are among the eligible nationalities for an Angola eVisa.
What do I need to successfully apply for an Angola eVisa?
As you are about to find out, the requirements for an Angola eVisa are nothing out of the ordinary. All you need is to put together the documents and the information listed below.
- Passport – the document in question must be valid and maintain its validity for at least another year from the date of arrival in Angola. 4 blank pages are also necessary
- A photo – the picture must be as recent as possible and captured on a white background.
- Proof of accommodation – a hotel booking confirmation is more than enough, but if you plan on staying with family or friends, you need to have them write a letter that attests that
- An international vaccination certificate against Yellow Fever
- Proof of sufficient funds – according to Angola’s visa policy, all visitors must have at their disposal at least $200 per day (or the equivalent)
- Return flight ticket – this is proof that you do not plan on staying for longer than your visa allows
- E-mail address – the receipt that enables you to get your Angola visa on arrival will be sent via e-mail in PDF format. You must print it out before your departure
- Means of payment – you can use a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are acceptable as well.
How long does it take for my Angola eVisa to arrive?
This can be as long as you choose. iVisa provides you with three options when it comes to the processing speed of your application. That way, you are free to pick the one that best suits your needs. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – you receive your Angola eVisa within 6 Business Days
- Rush processing – your application is processed within 4 Business Days
- Super Rush processing – it takes 2 Business Days for your eVisa to be ready
How much does it cost to apply for an Angola eVisa?
You pay $120 for the visa on arrival, but that is when you reach Angola. The price of an Angola eVisa, on the other hand, depends on the processing speed you pick for your application. The faster you want the processing to go, the more you are charged. Here are the prices for all three options:
- Standard - USD 30.00
- Rush - USD 60.00
- Super Rush - USD 90.00
What is the validity period of an Angola eVisa and how many entries does it cover?
The Angola eVisa is a Multiple Entry visa, and it is valid for 6 Business Days since issuance.
What is the duration of stay granted by an Angola eVisa?
You are allowed to stay in Angola for no more than 30 days in Total
Are there specific points of entry in Angola that accept an Angola eVisa?
Yes. An Angola eVisa allows you to travel to Angola only via the points of entry you see below. Any other border checkpoint requires you to apply for a standard visa at the nearest Angolan embassy.
- Quatro de Fevereiro Airport (Luanda)
- Lubango Airport
- Massabi (Republic of the Congo border)
- Luau (Democratic Republic of the Congo border)
- Curoca (Namibia border)