In the planning process of a trip to Angola, one of the first things you should have on your mind is the fact that you may need a visa to enter the country since most nationalities do. But Angola is one of the states that adopted the electronic visa system back in 2018, and as a result, 59 nationalities can apply for an Angola eVisa. If you find yourself among them, iVisa can facilitate the online application process. Nonetheless, keep in mind that the Angola eVisa is a simple pre-visa that allows you to obtain a visa on arrival once you get to Angola. In case you are interested in learning more about the Angola eVisa, please read below the answers to some of the most commonly asked questions.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can the citizens of New Zealand apply for an Angola eVisa?
Yes, New Zealand is on the list of countries whose citizens are eligible for an Angola eVisa.
What do I need to successfully apply for an Angola eVisa?
The requirements for an Angola eVisa are nothing out of the ordinary. The items you will see on the list below are close to effortless to acquire, and chances are that you already have a few of them at your disposal. What you need is as follows:
- Passport – the document in question must be valid and maintain its validity for at least another year from the date of arrival in Angola. 4 blank pages are also necessary
- A photo – the picture must be as recent as possible and captured on a white background.
- Proof of accommodation – a hotel booking confirmation is more than enough, but if you plan on staying with family or friends, you need to have them write a letter that attests that
- An international vaccination certificate against Yellow Fever
- Proof of sufficient funds – according to Angola’s visa policy, all visitors must have at their disposal at least $200 per day (or the equivalent)
- Return flight ticket – this is proof that you do not plan on staying for longer than your visa allows
- E-mail address – the receipt that enables you to get your Angola visa on arrival will be sent via e-mail in PDF format. You must print it out before your departure
- Means of payment – you can use a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are acceptable as well
How long does it take for my Angola eVisa to arrive?
Not too long. Plus, iVisa gives you three options regarding the processing speed of your application so that you can choose the one that best satisfies your needs. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – you receive your Angola eVisa within 6 Business Days
- Rush processing – your application is processed within 4 Business Days
- Super Rush processing – it takes 2 Business Days for your eVisa to be ready
How much does it cost to apply for an Angola eVisa?
The fee for the visa on arrival is $120, and you have to pay it when you get to Angola. The cost of the Angola eVisa, however, depends on how fast you want the processing to go. Here are the prices for all three options:
- Standard - USD 30.00
- Rush - USD 60.00
- Super Rush - USD 90.00
What is the validity period of an Angola eVisa and how many entries does it cover?
The Angola eVisa is a Multiple Entry visa, and it is valid for 6 Business Days since issue.
What is the duration of stay granted by an Angola eVisa?
You are free to stay in Angola for maximum 30 days in Total
Are there specific points of entry in Angola that accept an Angola eVisa?
Yes. When you hold an Angola eVisa, you can travel to Angola only via the border checkpoints you see listed below. Any other point of entry requires a standard visa issued by an Angolan diplomatic mission.
- Quatro de Fevereiro Airport (Luanda)
- Lubango Airport
- Massabi (Republic of the Congo border)
- Luau (Democratic Republic of the Congo border)
- Curoca (Namibia border)