Are you planning a trip to Angola? Then the first thing you should do is check whether or not you need a visa. Most nationalities are required to get one but the good news is that Angola’s visa policy now includes an electronic visa system, meaning that as long as you are among the eligible nationalities, you are free to apply for an Angola eVisa online. iVisa facilitates the application process for you. However, do not forget that the Angola eVisa is a mere pre-visa that allows you to acquire a visa on arrival once you get to Angola. For more information about the Angola eVisa, you should take a few minutes and read the answers to the most commonly asked questions below.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can the citizens of Norway apply for an Angola eVisa?
Yes. Norwegian citizens are among the nationalities that qualify for an Angola eVisa.
What do I need to successfully apply for an Angola eVisa?
You will be pleased to learn that the list of requirements for an Angola eVisa is not that long, and the items on it are generally easy to acquire. Here is what you need:
- Passport – the document in question must be valid and maintain its validity for at least another year from the date of arrival in Angola. 4 blank pages are also necessary
- A photo – the picture must be as recent as possible and captured on a white background.
- Proof of accommodation – a hotel booking confirmation is more than enough, but if you plan on staying with family or friends, you need to have them write a letter that attests that
- An international vaccination certificate against Yellow Fever
- Proof of sufficient funds – according to Angola’s visa policy, all visitors must have at their disposal at least $200 per day (or the equivalent)
- Return flight ticket – this is proof that you do not plan on staying for longer than your visa allows
- E-mail address – the receipt that enables you to get your Angola visa on arrival will be sent via e-mail in PDF format. You must print it out before your departure
- Means of payment – you can use a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are acceptable as well
How long does it take for my Angola eVisa to arrive?
That depends on the choice you make. iVisa gives you a chance to choose the processing speed of your application. You get three options:
- Standard processing – you receive your Angola eVisa within 6 Business Days
- Rush processing – your application is processed within 4 Business Days
- Super Rush processing – it takes 2 Business Days for your eVisa to be ready
How much does it cost to apply for an Angola eVisa?
The cost of the visa on arrival is of $120, but you have to pay that when you get to Angola. The amount you spend on an Angola eVisa, on the other hand, depends on which option you select regarding the processing speed of your application. Here are the prices for all three options:
- Standard - USD 30.00
- Rush - USD 60.00
- Super Rush - USD 90.00
What is the validity period of an Angola eVisa and how many entries does it cover?
The Angola eVisa is a Multiple Entry visa, and it maintains its validity for 6 Business Days since the issue date.
What is the duration of stay granted by an Angola eVisa?
Your visit in Angola cannot last more than 30 days in Total
Are there specific points of entry in Angola that accept an Angola eVisa?
Yes. Only 5 points of entry in Angola issue visas on arrival based on an Angola eVisa. They are listed below for your convenience. Choosing a different border checkpoint implies that you go to the nearest Angolan embassy and apply for a standard visa.
- Quatro de Fevereiro Airport (Luanda)
- Lubango Airport
- Massabi (Republic of the Congo border)
- Luau (Democratic Republic of the Congo border)
- Curoca (Namibia border)