Do you plan on traveling to Angola? Then perhaps you should be aware of the fact that most nationalities need a visa to enter the country, and chances are that so do you. Angola does have an electronic visa system, and if you are eligible, you can apply for an Angola eVisa online. iVisa can help with the online application process. However, please remember that the Angola eVisa is not a visa per se but only a pre-visa based on which you will receive a visa on arrival once you reach Angola. If you are interested in finding out more about the Angola eVisa, you should read the answers to the most frequently asked questions below.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can the citizens of Portugal apply for an Angola eVisa?
Yes. As a Portuguese citizen, you are among the eligible nationalities for an Angola eVisa.
What do I need to successfully apply for an Angola eVisa?
The first thing you have to do before you fill in the online application form is to make sure that you have everything necessary for the application process. That should not be a difficult task since the list is not too long, and you may already have some of the items on it. Here is what you need:
- Passport – the document in question must be valid and maintain its validity for at least another year from the date of arrival in Angola. 4 blank pages are also necessary
- A photo – the picture must be as recent as possible and captured on a white background.
- Proof of accommodation – a hotel booking confirmation is more than enough, but if you plan on staying with family or friends, you need to have them write a letter that attests that
- An international vaccination certificate against Yellow Fever
- Proof of sufficient funds – according to Angola’s visa policy, all visitors must have at their disposal at least $200 per day (or the equivalent)
- Return flight ticket – this is proof that you do not plan on staying for longer than your visa allows
- E-mail address – the receipt that enables you to get your Angola visa on arrival will be sent via e-mail in PDF format. You must print it out before your departure
- Means of payment – you can use a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are also accepted.
How long does it take for my Angola eVisa to arrive?
That is for you to decide. All that iVisa does is to provide you with three options as far as the processing speed of your application is concerned. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – you receive your Angola eVisa within 6 Business Days
- Rush processing – your application is processed within 4 Business Days
- Super Rush processing – it takes 2 Business Days for your eVisa to be ready
How much does it cost to apply for an Angola eVisa?
The cost of an Angola eVisa is determined by the processing speed you choose for your application. The faster the processing, the more you are charged. Here are the prices:
- Standard - USD 30.00
- Rush - USD 60.00
- Super Rush - USD 90.00
Keep in mind that the visa on arrival you receive in Angola has its own fee of $120.
What is the validity period of an Angola eVisa and how many entries does it cover?
The Angola eVisa is a Multiple Entry visa, and it is valid for 6 Business Days since the issue date.
What is the duration of stay granted by an Angola eVisa?
You are allowed to remain in Angola for no more than 30 days in Total
Are there specific points of entry in Angola that accept an Angola eVisa?
Yes. You can travel to Angola with an Angola eVisa as long as you plan on crossing the border via one of the points of entry from those listed below. Otherwise, a standard visa issued by an Angolan embassy is required.
- Quatro de Fevereiro Airport (Luanda)
- Lubango Airport
- Massabi (Republic of the Congo border)
- Luau (Democratic Republic of the Congo border)
- Curoca (Namibia border)