If you have a trip to Angola coming up, the first thing you have to do is to check whether or not you must get a visa. What is good to know is that Angola adopted the electronic visa system in 2018, and as a result, the citizens of 59 countries can apply for an Angola eVisa online. If you are among them, iVisa can make the application process seem effortless. However, it is important to remember that the Angola eVisa is not a visa per se. On its basis, you will obtain a visa on arrival as soon as you get to Angola. To find out more about the Angola eVisa, you should take a look at the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions we put together below.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can the citizens of Romania apply for an Angola eVisa?
Yes. Romanian citizens are among the nationalities that qualify for an Angola eVisa.
What do I need to successfully apply for an Angola eVisa?
You will be pleased to find out that the list of requirements for an Angola eVisa is not very long and it includes just the following:
- Passport – the document in question must be valid and maintain its validity for at least another year from the date of arrival in Angola. 4 blank pages are also necessary
- A photo – the picture must be as recent as possible and captured on a white background.
- Proof of accommodation – a hotel booking confirmation is more than enough, but if you plan on staying with family or friends, you need to have them write a letter that attests that
- An international vaccination certificate against Yellow Fever
- Proof of sufficient funds – according to Angola’s visa policy, all visitors must have at their disposal at least $200 per day (or the equivalent)
- Return flight ticket – this is proof that you do not plan on staying for longer than your visa allows
- E-mail address – the receipt that enables you to get your Angola visa on arrival will be sent via e-mail in PDF format. You must print it out before your departure
- Means of payment – you can use a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are acceptable as well.
How long does it take for my Angola eVisa to arrive?
It is up to you. When you use iVisa’s services, you are given the opportunity to choose the processing speed of your application. iVisa provides you with three options:
- Standard processing – you receive your Angola eVisa within 6 business days
- Rush processing – your application is processed within 4 business days
- Super Rush processing – it takes 2 business days for your eVisa to be ready
How much does it cost to apply for an Angola eVisa?
The visa on arrival costs $120, but you have to pay for that when you get to Angola. The cost of an Angola eVisa, however, depends on which processing speed you choose for your application. Here are the prices for all three options:
- Standard - USD 30.00
- Rush - USD 60.00
- Super Rush - USD 90.00
What is the validity period of an Angola eVisa and how many entries does it cover?
The Angola eVisa is a Multiple Entry visa, and it has a validity period of 6 business days since issuance.
What is the duration of stay granted by an Angola eVisa?
Your stay in Angola is limited to 30 days Total
Are there specific points of entry in Angola that accept an Angola eVisa?
Yes. You can use an Angola eVisa only as long as you travel to Angola via one of the points of entry listed below. If you choose a different one, you will need a consular visa.
- Quatro de Fevereiro Airport (Luanda)
- Lubango Airport
- Massabi (Republic of the Congo border)
- Luau (Democratic Republic of the Congo border)
- Curoca (Namibia border)