Are you going to Angola anytime soon? Then you should check if you need a visa because most nationalities do. Angola is one of the countries that adopted the electronic visa, and the citizens of 59 states are eligible for an Angola eVisa. If you count yourself among them, iVisa can help you get the document you need with minimal effort. However, you should know that the Angola eVisa is a simple pre-visa that allows you to get a visa on arrival once you get to Angola. To learn more about the Angola eVisa, you should read the answers to the most frequently asked questions below.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can the citizens of Russia apply for an Angola eVisa?
Yes. According to Angola’s visa policy, Russian citizens are eligible for an Angola eVisa.
What do I need to successfully apply for an Angola eVisa?
One of the first things you have to do when you decide to apply online for an Angola eVisa is to make sure that you meet the requirements. You do not need a lot of things, only the following:
- Passport – the document in question must be valid and maintain its validity for at least another year from the date of arrival in Angola. 4 blank pages are also necessary
- A photo – the picture must be as recent as possible and captured on a white background.
- Proof of accommodation – a hotel booking confirmation is more than enough, but if you plan on staying with family or friends, you need to have them write a letter that attests that
- An international vaccination certificate against Yellow Fever
- Proof of sufficient funds – according to Angola’s visa policy, all visitors must have at their disposal at least $200 per day (or the equivalent)
- Return flight ticket – this is proof that you do not plan on staying for longer than your visa allows
- E-mail address – the receipt that enables you to get your Angola visa on arrival will be sent via e-mail in PDF format. You must print it out before your departure
- Means of payment – you can use a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are acceptable as well
How long does it take for my Angola eVisa to arrive?
That depends on you. iVisa provides you with three processing speed options for your application so that you can pick the one that best suits your needs. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – you receive your Angola eVisa within 6 days
- Rush processing – your application is processed within 4 days
- Super Rush processing – it takes 48 hours for your eVisa to be ready
How much does it cost to apply for an Angola eVisa?
When you get to Angola, you must pay a fee of $120 for the visa on arrival. On the other hand, the cost of an Angola eVisa is established by the processing speed option you choose for your application. Here are the prices for all three of them:
- Standard - USD 30.00
- Rush - USD 60.00
- Super Rush - USD 90.00
What is the validity period of an Angola eVisa and how many entries does it cover?
The Angola eVisa is a Multiple Entry visa, and it remains valid for 6 days since the release date.
What is the duration of stay granted by an Angola eVisa?
Your trip to Angola cannot last longer than 30 days Total
Are there specific points of entry in Angola that accept an Angola eVisa?
Yes. You can use an Angola eVisa only if you travel to Angola via the border checkpoints you see below. Any other point of entry requires a standard visa issued by an Angolan embassy.
- Quatro de Fevereiro Airport (Luanda)
- Lubango Airport
- Massabi (Republic of the Congo border)
- Luau (Democratic Republic of the Congo border)
- Curoca (Namibia border)