In the process of planning your trip to Angola, the first thing you need to consider is the fact that you may have to obtain a visa. However, Angola is among the countries that introduced the electronic visa system, meaning that if you are eligible, you have the opportunity to get your Angola eVisa online. iVisa can be of help with the application process. Nevertheless, you should know that the Angola eVisa is not a visa per se. It is a simple pre-visa that enables you to get a visa on arrival once you land in Angola. If you are interested in finding out more about the Angola eVisa, you can read the answers to the most frequently asked questions below.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can the citizens of Sao Tome and Principe apply for an Angola eVisa?
Yes. Sao Tome and Principe is on the list of countries whose citizens qualify for an Angola eVisa.
What do I need to successfully apply for an Angola eVisa?
The list of requirements for an Angola eVisa does not include anything out of the ordinary. Chances are that you already have some of the required documents and information. If not, they should be easy to acquire. Here is what you will need:
- Passport – the document in question must be valid and maintain its validity for at least another year from the date of arrival in Angola. 4 blank pages are also necessary
- A photo – the picture must be as recent as possible and captured on a white background.
- Proof of accommodation – a hotel booking confirmation is more than enough, but if you plan on staying with family or friends, you need to have them write a letter that attests that
- An international vaccination certificate against Yellow Fever
- Proof of sufficient funds – according to Angola’s visa policy, all visitors must have at their disposal at least $200 per day (or the equivalent)
- Return flight ticket – this is proof that you do not plan on staying for longer than your visa allows
- E-mail address – the receipt that enables you to get your Angola visa on arrival will be sent via e-mail in PDF format. You must print it out before your departure
- Means of payment – you can use a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are also accepted.
How long does it take for my Angola eVisa to arrive?
The arrival of your eVisa should not take long. Besides, iVisa gives you three options when it comes to the processing speed of your application. As a result, you are at liberty to pick the one that best satisfies your needs. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – you receive your Angola eVisa within 6 Business Days
- Rush processing – your application is processed within 4 Business Days
- Super Rush processing – it takes 2 Business Days for your eVisa to be ready
How much does it cost to apply for an Angola eVisa?
The cost of the visa on arrival is of $120, but you need to pay that when you reach your destination. The amount you are charged for an Angola eVisa, however, is influenced by the speed of your application’s processing. Here are the prices for all three options:
- Standard - USD 30.00
- Rush - USD 60.00
- Super Rush - USD 90.00
What is the validity period of an Angola eVisa and how many entries does it cover?
The Angola eVisa is a Multiple Entry visa, and it has a validity period of 6 Business Days since the date of issuance.
What is the duration of stay granted by an Angola eVisa?
You cannot stay in Angola for longer than 30 days in Total
Are there specific points of entry in Angola that accept an Angola eVisa?
Yes. The Angola eVisa is valid only if you travel to Angola via one of the points of entry listed below. Otherwise, you need to go to the nearest Angolan embassy and apply for a standard visa.
- Quatro de Fevereiro Airport (Luanda)
- Lubango Airport
- Massabi (Republic of the Congo border)
- Luau (Democratic Republic of the Congo border)
- Curoca (Namibia border)