Planning a trip to Angola takes quite some time and plenty of consideration, but did you know that most nationalities need a visa to cross the Angolan borders? Fortunately, Angola is one of the many countries that adopted the electronic visa system, and if you are eligible, you can apply for an Angola eVisa online. iVisa can be of assistance with the application process. Nevertheless, please bear in mind that the Angola eVisa is a mere pre-visa that gives you the opportunity to acquire a visa on arrival once you land in Angola. If you are interested in finding out more about the Angola eVisa, you should take a minute and read the answers to the most frequently asked questions below.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can the citizens of Slovakia apply for an Angola eVisa?
Yes. According to Angola’s visa policy, Slovak citizens are eligible for an Angola eVisa.
What do I need to successfully apply for an Angola eVisa?
The good news is that you may already have some of the required documents and information for an Angola eVisa, and if you do not, they are generally easy to obtain. What you need is as follows:
- Passport – the document in question must be valid and maintain its validity for at least another year from the date of arrival in Angola. 4 blank pages are also necessary
- A photo – the picture must be as recent as possible and captured on a white background.
- Proof of accommodation – a hotel booking confirmation is more than enough, but if you plan on staying with family or friends, you need to have them write a letter that attests that
- An international vaccination certificate against Yellow Fever
- Proof of sufficient funds – according to Angola’s visa policy, all visitors must have at their disposal at least $200 per day (or the equivalent)
- Return flight ticket – this is proof that you do not plan on staying for longer than your visa allows
- E-mail address – the receipt that enables you to get your Angola visa on arrival will be sent via e-mail in PDF format. You must print it out before your departure
- Means of payment – you can use a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are acceptable as well.
How long does it take for my Angola eVisa to arrive?
That is for you to decide. When it comes to the processing speed of your application, iVisa provides you with three options:
- Standard processing – you receive your Angola eVisa within 6 days
- Rush processing – your application is processed within 4 days
- Super Rush processing – it takes 48 hours for your eVisa to be ready
How much does it cost to apply for an Angola eVisa?
When you get to Angola, you must pay a fee of $120 for the visa on arrival. However, the cost of the Angola eVisa depends on the processing speed you choose for your application. Naturally, the sooner you want your application to be processed, the more you have to pay. The prices are:
- Standard - USD 30.00
- Rush - USD 60.00
- Super Rush - USD 90.00
What is the validity period of an Angola eVisa and how many entries does it cover?
The Angola eVisa is a Multiple Entry visa, and it maintains its validity for 6 days since the issue date.
What is the duration of stay granted by an Angola eVisa?
Your trip to Angola cannot go beyond 30 days Total
Are there specific points of entry in Angola that accept an Angola eVisa?
Yes. An Angola eVisa can be used only if you travel to Angola via one of the 5 points of entry listed below. If you decide on another border checkpoint, you are required to go to the nearest Angolan embassy and obtain a standard visa.
- Quatro de Fevereiro Airport (Luanda)
- Lubango Airport
- Massabi (Republic of the Congo border)
- Luau (Democratic Republic of the Congo border)
- Curoca (Namibia border)