Are you taking a trip to Angola anytime soon? Then you should be aware of the fact that most nationalities need a visa to cross its borders. Fortunately, Angola made a few changes to its visa policy in 2018, and by that, we mean that it adopted the electronic visa system. Therefore, if you are eligible, you have the possibility to obtain an Angola eVisa online. iVisa’s job is to facilitate the application process for you. But please remember that the Angola eVisa is a mere pre-visa which allows you to get a visa on arrival as soon as you land in Angola. To learn more about the Angola eVisa, the answers to the most frequently asked questions below should be of help.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can the citizens of Slovenia apply for an Angola eVisa?
Yes. As a Slovenian citizen, you qualify for an Angola eVisa.
What do I need to successfully apply for an Angola eVisa?
The process of getting an Angola eVisa is not as demanding as going to the embassy, but you still have to put together a few documents and some information. However, you should not struggle with putting everything together. Here is what you need:
- Passport – the document in question must be valid and maintain its validity for at least another year from the date of arrival in Angola. 4 blank pages are also necessary
- A photo – the picture must be as recent as possible and captured on a white background.
- Proof of accommodation – a hotel booking confirmation is more than enough, but if you plan on staying with family or friends, you need to have them write a letter that attests that
- An international vaccination certificate against Yellow Fever
- Proof of sufficient funds – according to Angola’s visa policy, all visitors must have at their disposal at least $200 per day (or the equivalent)
- Return flight ticket – this is proof that you do not plan on staying for longer than your visa allows
- E-mail address – the receipt that enables you to get your Angola visa on arrival will be sent via e-mail in PDF format. You must print it out before your departure
- Means of payment – you can use a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are also accepted.
How long does it take for my Angola eVisa to arrive?
You get to decide that. iVisa gives you a chance to choose among three processing speed options so that you can pick the one that you believe is most convenient for you. They are as follows:
- Standard processing – you receive your Angola eVisa within 6 Business Days
- Rush processing – your application is processed within 4 Business Days
- Super Rush processing – it takes 2 Business Days for your eVisa to be ready
How much does it cost to apply for an Angola eVisa?
When you get to Angola, you must pay a fee of $120 for your visa on arrival. The amount you are charged for an Angola eVisa, however, is determined by how fast you want the processing to go. The slower the processing time, the lower the amount will be. Here are the prices:
- Standard - USD 30.00
- Rush - USD 60.00
- Super Rush - USD 90.00
What is the validity period of an Angola eVisa and how many entries does it cover?
The Angola eVisa is a Multiple Entry visa, and expires 6 Business Days after issuance.
What is the duration of stay granted by an Angola eVisa?
Your trip to Angola cannot be longer than 30 days in Total
Are there specific points of entry in Angola that accept an Angola eVisa?
Yes. To be able to use an Angola eVisa, you are required to travel to Angola only via one of the border checkpoints you see below. Otherwise, a standard visa is in order, and only an Angolan embassy can issue that.
- Quatro de Fevereiro Airport (Luanda)
- Lubango Airport
- Massabi (Republic of the Congo border)
- Luau (Democratic Republic of the Congo border)
- Curoca (Namibia border)