When you are planning a trip to Angola, there are many things that must be taken into account. One of them is the fact that you may require a visa upon entry. You may be lucky enough to have access to Angola’s electronic visa system, and if that is the case, iVisa can help you apply for an Angola eVisa online. However, you must bear in mind that the Angola eVisa is nothing more but a means to an end. All that it does is to enable you to acquire a visa on arrival once you reach your destination. To find out more about the Angola eVisa, you should take a moment and read the answers to some of the most commonly asked questions we put together below.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can the citizens of South Korea apply for an Angola eVisa?
Yes. As a South Korean citizen, you are among the 59 nationalities that qualify for an Angola eVisa.
What do I need to successfully apply for an Angola eVisa?
As you are about to find out, the process of getting an Angola eVisa is not highly demanding. All you need is to put together a few documents and some information, and you are good to go. Here is what you must have at hand:
- Passport – the document in question must be valid and maintain its validity for at least another year from the date of arrival in Angola. 4 blank pages are also necessary
- A photo – the picture must be as recent as possible and captured on a white background.
- Proof of accommodation – a hotel booking confirmation is more than enough, but if you plan on staying with family or friends, you need to have them write a letter that attests that
- An international vaccination certificate against Yellow Fever
- Proof of sufficient funds – according to Angola’s visa policy, all visitors must have at their disposal at least $200 per day (or the equivalent)
- Return flight ticket – this is proof that you do not plan on staying for longer than your visa allows
- E-mail address – the receipt that enables you to get your Angola visa on arrival will be sent via e-mail in PDF format. You must print it out before your departure
- Means of payment – you can use a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are acceptable as well.
How long does it take for my Angola eVisa to arrive?
That is entirely up to you. As far as the processing speed of your application is concerned, iVisa provides you with three options so that you can have your travel document ready precisely when you need it. Here is what you can opt for:
- Standard processing – you receive your Angola eVisa within 6 business days
- Rush processing – your application is processed within 4 business days
- Super Rush processing – it takes 2 business days for your eVisa to be ready
How much does it cost to apply for an Angola eVisa?
The visa on arrival costs $120, but the fee must be paid when you reach your destination. The cost of an Angola eVisa, on the other hand, is established when you choose the processing speed of your application. Naturally, the slowest option is also the cheapest. Here are the prices:
- Standard - USD 30.00
- Rush - USD 60.00
- Super Rush - USD 90.00
What is the validity period of an Angola eVisa and how many entries does it cover?
The Angola eVisa is a Multiple Entry visa, and it is valid for 6 business days since the issue date.
What is the duration of stay granted by an Angola eVisa?
You are allowed to remain in Angola for up to 30 days Total
Are there specific points of entry in Angola that accept an Angola eVisa?
Yes. When you hold an Angola eVisa, you are obligated to travel to Angola via only one of the 5 points of entry listed below. Any other border checkpoint requires a consular visa, which only an Angolan embassy can issue.
- Quatro de Fevereiro Airport (Luanda)
- Lubango Airport
- Massabi (Republic of the Congo border)
- Luau (Democratic Republic of the Congo border)
- Curoca (Namibia border)