If you are planning a trip to Angola anytime soon, then you will most likely need to get a visa before departure. Angola’s visa policy includes a list of 59 countries whose citizens are eligible for the electronic visa system. If you are among them, you can apply for an Angola eVisa, and iVisa can help facilitate the application process. However, remember that the Angola eVisa is a mere pre-visa that allows you get a visa on arrival as soon as you get to Angola.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
As a citizen of Vatican City, do I have access to an Angola eVisa?
Yes. The citizens of Vatican City are eligible for an Angola eVisa.
What requirements must I meet to acquire an Angola eVisa?
Before you start the online process of getting an Angola eVisa, you should ensure that you have all the necessary documents and information at hand. Here is what you are going to need:
- Passport – your passport should remain valid for at least another year from your date of arrival in Angola, with 4 blank pages available for stamping.
- A photo – the picture should be taken as recently as possible, and captured on a white background.
- Proof of accommodation – you can use a hotel booking confirmation, but if you plan to stay with family or friends, you will need to provide a letter from them, confirming you have a place to stay while in Angola.
- An international vaccination certificate against Yellow Fever
- Proof of sufficient funds – according to Angola’s visa policy, all visitors must have at their disposal at least $200 per day of their stay (or the equivalent currency).
- Return flight ticket – this stands as proof that you do not plan on staying for longer than your visa allows.
- E-mail address – you will receive the receipt that enables you to obtain a visa on arrival via e-mail, in PDF format. Do not forget to print it out before your trip
- Means of payment – you can use a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are accepted as well.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
That choice is up to you. iVisa gives you three processing speed options for your application so that you can choose the one that is most convenient for you. Here are your options:
- Standard processing – your Angola eVisa will be ready within 6 business days
- Rush processing – you will receive your travel document in just 4 business days
- Super Rush processing – your application will be processed within just 2 business days
How much does the Angola eVisa cost?
The fee for the visa on arrival is $120, which you must pay upon your arrival in Angola. The cost of the Angola eVisa (i.e. the pre-approval), on the other hand, is established by the processing speed of your application. The faster you want your eVisa to arrive, the more it will cost. Here are the prices for each processing option:
- Standard - USD 30.00
- Rush - USD 60.00
- Super Rush - USD 90.00
How long is the Angola eVisa valid for and how many entries does it include?
The Angola eVisa is a Multiple Entry visa, and it is has a validity period of 6 business days from the date of issue.
How long can I stay in Angola with an Angola eVisa?
You can stay in Angola for up to 30 days Total.
Do all points of entry in Angola accept an Angola eVisa?
No. Only the border checkpoints below accept the Angola eVisa as a valid travel document. All the others require a standard visa.
- Quatro de Fevereiro Airport (Luanda)
- Lubango Airport
- Massabi (Democratic Republic of Congo border)
- Luau (Democratic Republic of Congo border)
- Curoca (Namibia border)