If you are planning a trip to Angola, you will likely need a visa. Angola adopted an electronic visa system in 2018, and the citizens of 59 countries have access to it. If you are among them, you can apply for an Angola eVisa online with iVisa’s help. The Angola eVisa is simply a pre-approval that allows you to obtain a visa on arrival once you get to Angola. If you want to find out more information about the Angola visa, read the answers to some of the most commonly asked questions below.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
How do I find out if I am eligible for an Angola eVisa?
You can use iVisa’s Visa Checker tool. Just choose your country of origin in the drag-down menu on the left and select Angola in the one on the right. That is how you learn if you qualify for an Angola eVisa or not.
What do I need to apply for an Angola eVisa?
Before you start the online process of getting an Angola eVisa, you should ensure that you have all the necessary documents and information at hand. Here is what you are going to need:
- Passport – your passport should remain valid for at least another year from your date of arrival in Angola, with 4 blank pages available for stamping.
- A photo – the picture should be taken as recently as possible, and captured on a white background.
- Proof of accommodation – you can use a hotel booking confirmation, but if you plan to stay with family or friends, you will need to provide a letter from them, confirming you have a place to stay while in Angola.
- An international vaccination certificate against Yellow Fever
- Proof of sufficient funds – according to Angola’s visa policy, all visitors must have at their disposal at least $200 per day of their stay (or the equivalent currency).
- Return flight ticket – this stands as proof that you do not plan on staying for longer than your visa allows.
- E-mail address – you will receive the receipt that enables you to obtain a visa on arrival via e-mail, in PDF format. Do not forget to print it out before your trip
- Means of payment – you can use a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are accepted as well.
How long does it take for my Angola eVisa to arrive?
That choice is up to you. iVisa gives you three processing speed options for your application so that you can choose the one that is most convenient for you. Here are your options:
- Standard processing – your Angola eVisa is ready within 6 Business Days
- Rush processing – you receive your travel document in just 4 Business Days
- Super Rush processing – your application is processed within just 2 Business Days
How much does the Angola eVisa cost?
First of all, it is essential that you differentiate between the Angola visa on arrival and the Angola eVisa. They each come with their own fees, and you need to obtain both. The cost of the visa on arrival is $120, paid upon entry into Angola. The cost of the eVisa depends on the processing speed of the application. The prices for all three options are as follows:
- Standard - USD 30.00
- Rush - USD 60.00
- Super Rush - USD 90.00
What is the Angola visa validity and how many entries does it ensure?
The Angola eVisa is a Multiple Entry visa, and it is valid for 6 Business Days from the issue date.
How much time can I spend in Angola with the eVisa?
The Angola eVisa allows you to stay up to 30 days in Total.
Do all points of entry in Angola accept an Angola eVisa?
No. Only the border checkpoints below accept the Angola eVisa as a valid travel document. All the others require a standard visa.
- Quatro de Fevereiro Airport (Luanda)
- Lubango Airport
- Massabi (Democratic Republic of Congo border)
- Luau (Democratic Republic of Congo border)
- Curoca (Namibia border)