If you are planning a trip to Angola as a UK citizen, you are required to get a visa. You have the option of going to any Angolan embassy in the UK and submitting a visa application there. However, did you know that there is a better way to get the travel document you need? According to Angola’s visa policy, the citizens of the United Kingdom are eligible for the country’s electronic visa system. As a result, you can get an Angola eVisa online, and iVisa can help with the process.
Nevertheless, it is important to remember that the Angola eVisa does not automatically grant you entry into Angola. It is a simple pre-approval that allows you to get a visa on arrival when you reach Angola. To learn more about the Angola eVisa, read the answers to the most commonly asked questions below.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What do I need to get an Angola eVisa?
Before you start the online process of getting an Angola eVisa, you should ensure that you have all the necessary documents and information at hand. Here is what you are going to need:
- Passport – your passport should remain valid for at least another year from your date of arrival in Angola, with 4 blank pages available for stamping.
- A photo – the picture should be taken as recently as possible, and captured on a white background.
- Proof of accommodation – you can use a hotel booking confirmation, but if you plan to stay with family or friends, you will need to provide a letter from them, confirming you have a place to stay while in Angola.
- An international vaccination certificate against Yellow Fever
- Proof of sufficient funds – according to Angola’s visa policy, all visitors must have at their disposal at least $200 per day of their stay (or the equivalent currency).
- Return flight ticket – this stands as proof that you do not plan on staying for longer than your visa allows.
- E-mail address – you will receive the receipt that enables you to obtain a visa on arrival via e-mail, in PDF format. Do not forget to print it out before your trip
- Means of payment – you can use a credit or debit card, but PayPal, Alipay, and WeChat are accepted as well.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
That choice is up to you. iVisa gives you three processing speed options for your application so that you can choose the one that is most convenient for you. Here are your options:
- Standard processing – your Angola eVisa is ready within 6 business days
- Rush processing – you receive your travel document in just 4 business days
- Super Rush processing – your application is processed within just 2 business days
How much money will I spend on an Angola eVisa?
If you get a visa on arrival, the cost is $120, paid upon your arrival in Angola. The cost of the eVisa, on the other hand, is influenced by how soon you expect your travel document to arrive. The faster the processing, the more you are charged. Here are the prices for all three options:
- Standard - USD 30.00
- Rush - USD 60.00
- Super Rush - USD 90.00
How long is the Angola eVisa valid for and how many entries does it ensure?
The Angola eVisa is a Multiple Entry visa, and it has a validity period of 6 business days from the date of issue.
How long can I stay in Angola with the eVisa?
After arriving in Angola, the eVisa allows you to stay for 30 days Total.
Do all points of entry in Angola accept an Angola eVisa?
No. Only the border checkpoints below accept the Angola eVisa as a valid travel document. All the others require a standard visa.
- Quatro de Fevereiro Airport (Luanda)
- Lubango Airport
- Massabi (Democratic Republic of Congo border)
- Luau (Democratic Republic of Congo border)
- Curoca (Namibia border)