Antigua and Barbuda is world-renowned for its beautiful beaches and diverse range of tourist attractions, including St. John’s Cathedral, Martello Tower, Nelson’s Dockyard Park, and more. If you are a citizen of Afghanistan wanting to travel to Antigua and Barbuda, you will need to apply for an e-visa to enter the country. Citizens of Afghanistan are only eligible for the tourist e-visa and must apply for it online, a process that is fairly simple. Please refer to the frequently asked questions below to find out more about the application process, fees, and other useful information.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Do I Need a Visa if I Have a Passport?
YES All citizens of Afghanistan must have an e-visa and a passport to enter Antigua and Barbuda.
What Documents Do I Need When Applying for an e-Visa to Antigua and Barbuda?
When applying for your Antigua and Barbuda e-visa, you will be required to submit the following documents by scanning the original document in full color:
- A passport that remains valid for at least 6 months after you arrive in Antigua and Barbuda
- An unedited, recent digital photograph
- Proof of intention to leave Antigua and Barbuda within the parameters of the allowed visa stay
- Proof of itinerary
- Proof of financial capability to finance the trip
- A recent police record
- Original birth certificate
- Immigration status in your passport or on your residency permit
Can I Enter Antigua and Barbuda Multiple Times With the Tourist e-visa?
You are allowed Single Entry entries with the tourist e-visa.
What Happens when I Arrive in Antigua and Barbuda?
The status of your visa will be verified when you arrive at the islands; we recommend having both a digital copy and a printed copy of your approved e-visa. It is important to note that an approved e-Visa does not guarantee your entry to Antigua and Barbuda. Immigration officers at each point of entry have the authority to deny entry to anyone they believe does not meet the immigration requirements.
What Are The Costs Involved in the e-Visa Application Process and How Long Does It Take?
iVisa offers three different processing speeds, each with their own pricing:
- Standard Speed - including service fees, the total standard application cost is USD 135.00 and is processed in 14 Business Days.
- Rush Application - including service fees, the total rush application cost is USD 165.00 and is processed in 11 Business Days.
- Super Rush - including service fees, the total super rush application cost is USD 200.00 and is processed in 8 Business Days.
When Will My Antigua and Barbuda e-Visa Expire?
Your e-visa will expire in 180 days after issued.
How Long Can I Stay in Antigua and Barbuda?
The tourist e-visa has a maximum stay of 90 days Per Entry. Please note that if you overstay your visa, you risk facing fines.
Can I Extend My Stay in Antigua and Barbuda? How?
If you want to extend your stay in Antigua and Barbuda, you will need to submit an application to the Immigration Department. When you submit your application for an extension, you will need to set up an appointment with the Extension Division of the Immigration Department and will be required to provide the following:
- A passport-sized photograph
- a valid passport or travel document
- a valid airline ticket
- evidence of financial means to support your stay
- $300 application fee (Please note that the application fee is nonrefundable and does not guarantee approval)