Antigua and Barbuda is a country known for the various attractions it offers tourists. It has long been renowned for its diversity, despite its small population and economic dependency on tourism. It's hard to resist a place that has hundreds of beaches and so much history. If you're a Gambian citizen planning a visit to Antigua and Barbuda, you will need an approved e-visa. You can find the application here. We've assembled a collection of Frequently Asked Questions to help guide you through the application process.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Do In-Transit Gambian Citizens Need a Passport?
As long as your departing transportation leaves within 24 hours of your arrival, you are exempt from visa requirements. If you anticipate that your transportation will not be departing in the 24 hour time frame provided, you should apply for an e-visa.
Do Gambian Citizens Have the Option to Apply for a Visa-on-Arrival?
No. Antigua and Barbuda does not currently provide visas-on-arrival to citizens of Gambia. You must arrive with an approved visa.
Does the Application Require Specific Documents? Which Documents?
The e-visa application will ask you for several documents that must be scanned in full color:
- A passport valid for at least 6 months after your date of arrival in Antigua and Barbuda.
- An unedited digital photograph taken within the last 6 months.
- Proof of your transportation out of Antigua and Barbuda before your visa expires.
- Proof of your itinerary while you are in Antigua and Barbuda.
- Proof of financial ability to sustain your stay in Antigua and Barbuda.
- A recent police record.
- Your original birth certificate.
- Your immigration status in your passport or on your residency permit.
- A debit or credit card for payment
What Pricing and Processing Time Options Are Available to Me?
You have access to three options on the e-visa application.
- Standard Speed - including service fees, the standard application costs USD 135.00 and is processed in 13 days.
- Rush Application - including service fees, the rush application total cost is USD 165.00 and is processed in 10 days.
- Super Rush - including service fees, the super rush application has a total cost of USD 200.00 and is processed in 7 days.
Is Multiple Entry Included with My e-Visa?
Citizens of Gambia with approved e-visas will be given Single Entry.
When Does My Antigua and Barbuda e-Visa Expire?
The e-visa provided by Antigua and Barbuda expires in 180 days after issued. Expired visas are not accepted at points of entry into Antigua and Barbuda. You will need to submit an application for a new visa if yours is expired.
What is the Maximum Stay My e-Visa Allows?
Gambian citizens with an approved e-visa have a maximum stay of 90 days Per Entry in Antigua and Barbuda.
Is There a Way for Me to Lengthen My Stay?
Yes. An extension request must be submitted to the Immigration Department of Antigua and Barbuda. Any extension granted is valid for a maximum of 90 days. All fees for the application are not eligible for a refund if your application is denied.