Antigua and Barbuda is a popular tourist destination in the Indies. Featured attractions of Antigua and Barbuda include St. John's Cathedral, Barbuda's 17 Nile Beach, The Sink Cave, the English Harbour, and more. Icelandic citizens are exempt from visa requirements if their visit to Antigua and Barbuda is for tourism purposes only. However, if your trip to Antigua and Barbuda is not tourism related, you need to submit an application for an e-visa. Please reference the FAQ section below for more information pertaining to the application process, fees, and other relevant information.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Documents Are Needed with the Application?
You will need the following documents if your trip to Antigua and Barbuda is for anything other than tourism:
- A passport valid for at least 6 months after your date of arrival in Antigua and Barbuda.
- An unedited digital photograph taken within the last 6 months.
- Proof of your transportation out of Antigua and Barbuda before your visa expires.
- Proof of your itinerary while you are in Antigua and Barbuda.
- Proof of financial ability to sustain your stay in Antigua and Barbuda.
- A recent police record.
- Your original birth certificate.
- Your immigration status in your passport or on your residency permit.
- A debit or credit card for payment Each document must be in full color and must be scans of the original document. Submitting copies can result in your application not being approved. You should also be aware that an approved visa does not exempt you from being denied entry.
I Need a Visa. When Will It Expire?
E-visas for citizens of Iceland will expire in 180 days after issued. Expired visas are not accepted at points of entry. If your visa is expired, please apply for a new one.
What Are the e-Visa Application Fees?
Visa costs are associated with the processing speed. The processing speeds available are as follows:
- Standard Speed - including service fees, the standard application costs USD 135.00 and is processed in 13 days.
- Rush Application - including service fees, the rush application total cost is USD 165.00 and is processed in 10 days.
- Super Rush - including service fees, the super rush application has a total cost of USD 200.00 and is processed in 7 days.
Does My e-Visa Allow Multiple Entry?
You are granted Single Entry with your approved e-visa
Do I Need a Visa If I Am In-Transit?
No. You will only need your passport. In-transit travelers and citizens of Iceland are both exempt from visa requirements as long as they stay within the established time limits.
How Long Can My Trip to Antigua and Barbuda Last with an e-Visa?
An Antigua and Barbuda e-visa for Iceland Citizens has a max stay of 90 days Per Entry.
Do I Need a Visa If I Already Have an Icelandic Passport?
You will only need a visa if your purposes for traveling to Antigua and Barbuda are outside the intentions of tourism. Your Iceland passport permits you a trip of up to 90 days to the country of Antigua and Barbuda for tourism purposes.