If you need a visa or ETA to visit Argentina, the ETA should be valid for 90 days after issued before it expires. It is valid for a tourist entry for no longer than 90 days in Total. Argentina now allows many countries to get an ETA (AVE in Spanish) or Electronic Travel Authorization instead of having to get a paper visa.
The ETA/AVE for Argentina requires that you have a valid US B2 or Schengen visa that is still valid for more than 3 months. The ETA/AVE is good for tourism purposes only. You will need to upload your documents to apply for an Argentina ETA “visa” online.
This process is a lot simpler since it can be done online, saving you tons of time.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) | Argentina Visa Validity & Policy
What are the requirements to visit Argentina with a visa?
First, know whether or not you need a visa (see below).
The requirements for an ETA/AVE for Argentina include the following documents:
- Valid Passport - Your valid passport must still be good for up to 6 months from your date of arrival in Argentina.
- US B2/Schengen Visa - To get an ETA/AVE, you’ll need to either have a US B2 visa or a Schengen visa--upload scans of this with your application.
- Travel Itinerary - Have your travel plans (including when you’ll leave Argentina) ready to show to the immigration officers.
- Accommodation Information - The travel authorities of Argentina will want to know that you have a place to stay and can sustain yourself while in the country.
- Payment Method - You’ll need either a credit/debit card or a PayPal account to check out.
Do I need a visa to go to Argentina?
87 countries are considered to be “visa-free” countries meaning you can enter Argentina for up to 90 days with a possible renewal of another 90 days, all without needing a visa.
Check our Visa Checker tool to see if you require a visa to go to Argentina. This article uses Albania as an example.
What are the processing times for an Argentina “visa” ETA/AVE?
We have three processing speeds to help you get your ETA visa substitute fast:
- Standard Processing will take up to 16 days to process.
- Rush Processing will take up to 13 days to process.
- Super Rush Processing will take up to 10 days to process.
What is the cost of an Argentina ETA/AVE?
The total cost of your Argentina ETA varies based on your processing speed request.
- The Standard Processing option will bring the total cost to USD 85.00
- The Rush Processing option will bring the total cost to USD 115.00
- The Super Rush Processing option will bring the total cost to USD 150.00
How many entries into Argentina do I get with an ETA or AVE?
You ETA will allow you to have Multiple Entry into Argentina.
When does my ETA/AVE for Argentina expire?
You have 90 days after issued to travel to Argentina with your ETA authorization before it expires.
What is the maximum amount of time I can stay in Argentina with an ETA?
When you have an ETA for Argentina, you are allowed to stay in Argentina for up to 90 days in Total.
Argentina ETA Works Like a Valid Visa
What’s great about the ETA/AVE is that you can get it online quickly and be ready for your trip to Argentina! Feel free to jump over and get your tourist ETA for Argentina now.
Have a wonderful journey!