Whenever you plan to travel to Armenia, one of the first things you need to deal with is the visa. After all, chances are that you need one. However, Armenia’s visa policy includes an electronic visa system which allows many non-visa exempt nationalities to apply for an Armenia visa online. iVisa can facilitate the online application process for you. If you wish to learn more about the Armenia e-visa, we recommend that you read the answers to the most frequently asked questions below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Are the citizens of eligible for an Armenia e-visa?
Yes, Bahraini nationals qualify for an Armenia e-visa.
What are the requirements for an Armenia e-visa?
To be able to successfully complete an online application process for an Armenia visa, you need to be able to meet a few requirements. Nevertheless, the list is not very long, and chances are that you already have some of the necessary items. Here is what you need:
- Valid passport – you have to make sure that the travel document remains valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Armenia and has one blank page for stamping
- Digital photo of yourself – the picture needs to be taken in the last 3 months
- Travel dates
- Information about your accommodation in Armenia – a hotel booking confirmation is enough. If you stay with friends/relatives, a simple letter will suffice.
- E-mail address – you receive your Armenia visa via e-mail in PDF format. You can present it when you board your flight using your smartphone, while some people prefer a physical copy.
- Method of payment – iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, but you are free to use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat as well.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
It depends on you. How is that possible? When you apply for an Armenia visa with iVisa, you are given a chance to choose the processing time of your application. iVisa gives you three options so that you can pick the one that is most convenient for you:
- Standard - 7 days
- Rush - 5 days
- Super Rush - 72 hours
How much does an Armenia e-visa cost?
How much you are charged for an Armenia visa depends on two factors. The first one is the processing time you select for your application. Therefore:
- Standard - USD 7.00
- Rush - USD 7.00
- Super Rush - USD 7.00 The second factor is the visa type. The prices you see listed above are for the short-term Armenia visa. If you want to apply for a long-term visa, the prices go a bit higher:
- Standard processing – USD 33.00
- Rush processing – USD 33.00
- Super Rush processing – USD 33.00
What is the validity of an Armenia e-visa?
It depends on which Armenia visa you want. The short-term visa has a validity of 90 days after arrival. On the other hand, the validity of a long-term visa is of 180 days after arrival.
How many entries does the Armenia visa allow?
The short-term Armenia visa allows Single Entry, and the long-term visa grants Single Entry.
For how long can I stay in Armenia?
For as long as the Armenia visa allows. However, you should know that the short-term visa grants a stay of 21 days Per Entry, while with a long-term visa, you can remain in Armenia for a period that cannot exceed 120 days Per Entry.
Can I use the Armenia e-visa at any point of entry?
No. Not all points of entry accept an Armenia e-visa. Only the following:
- Zvartnots International Airport in Yerevan
- Ayrum railway station (Ayrum, Tavush Province, border with Georgia)
- Bagratashen, Tavush Province (border with Georgia)
- Bavra, Shirak Province (border with Georgia)
- Gogavan, Lori Province (border with Georgia) Meghri, Syunik Province (border with Iran)