When you want to travel to Armenia, one of the things on your mind should be the visa. After all, you may be required to apply for one in advance. However, if you are lucky enough, you may be among the many nationalities that can obtain an Armenia visa online. If that is the case, iVisa can help you get the travel document you need with minimal effort. To learn more about the Armenia e-visa, you should read the information below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Are the citizens of Canada eligible for an Armenia e-visa?
Yes, Canadian citizens, same as many other nationalities, can apply for an Armenia e-visa.
What are the requirements for an Armenia e-visa?
As you will find out in just a second, the requirements for an Armenia visa are not difficult to meet. In fact, you may already have some of the documents you need. Here is what you must put together:
- Valid passport – you have to make sure that the travel document remains valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Armenia and has one blank page for stamping
- Digital photo of yourself – the picture needs to be taken in the last 3 months
- Travel dates
- Information about your accommodation in Armenia – a hotel booking confirmation is enough. If you stay with friends/relatives, a simple letter will suffice.
- E-mail address – you receive your Armenia visa via e-mail in PDF format. You can present it when you board your flight using your smartphone, while some people prefer a physical copy.
- Method of payment – iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, but you are free to use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat as well.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
It is up to you. Using iVisa’s services to obtain an Armenia visa means that you get to choose the processing time of your application. iVisa gives you three options so that you can make the best decision for you. They are as follows:
- Standard - 7 days
- Rush - 5 days
- Super Rush - 72 hours
How much does an Armenia e-visa cost?
That depends. One factor that influences the cost of your Armenia visa is the processing time you choose for your application. Here are the prices for each option:
- Standard - USD 7.00
- Rush - USD 7.00
- Super Rush - USD 7.00 Another factor that has a say in the cost of your travel document is the type of visa you need. The fees above are for a short-term Armenia visa. The long-term Armenia visa is a bit pricier:
- Standard processing – USD 33.00
- Rush processing – USD 33.00
- Super Rush processing – USD 33.00
What is the validity of an Armenia e-visa?
The short-term Armenia visa has a validity period of 90 days after arrival, while the long-term visa is valid for 180 days after arrival.
How many entries does the Armenia visa allow?
Short-term Armenia visa – Single Entry Long-term Armenia visa – Single Entry.
For how long can I stay in Armenia?
With a short-term Armenia visa, you can stay in Armenia for up to 21 days Per Entry. The long-term visa allows a stay of no more than 120 days Per Entry.
Can I use the Armenia e-visa at any point of entry?
Sadly, no. You need to enter Armenia via the following points of entry if you want the Armenia visa to be valid:
- Zvartnots International Airport in Yerevan
- Ayrum railway station (Ayrum, Tavush Province, the border with Georgia)
- Bagratashen, Tavush Province (border with Georgia)
- Bavra, Shirak Province (border with Georgia)
- Gogavan, Lori Province (border with Georgia) Meghri, Syunik Province (border with Iran)