Planning a trip to Armenia takes quite a bit of time and consideration. However, one of the first things you need to deal with is the visa. After all, you may be required to apply for one in advance. Even so, with a little bit of luck, you may be able to acquire an Armenia visa online. It depends on your nationality. But if you do qualify, iVisa can help you get your travel document with little to no effort. To learn more about the Armenia e-visa, read the information below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Are the citizens of Costa Rica eligible for an Armenia e-visa?
Yes, the citizens of Costa Rica have the option of applying for an Armenia e-visa.
What are the requirements for an Armenia e-visa?
As you will see, the requirements for an Armenia visa are easy to meet. All you need is some information and a few documents, but that should be easy to achieve. Here is what you must have at hand for a successful application process:
- Valid passport – you have to make sure that the travel document remains valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Armenia and has one blank page for stamping
- Digital photo of yourself – the picture needs to be taken in the last 3 months
- Travel dates
- Information about your accommodation in Armenia – a hotel booking confirmation is enough. If you stay with friends/relatives, a simple letter will suffice.
- E-mail address – you receive your Armenia visa via e-mail in PDF format. You can present it when you board your flight using your smartphone, while some people prefer a physical copy.
- Method of payment – iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, but you are free to use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat as well.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
It depends. When you apply for an Armenia visa using the services provided by iVisa, you are given three options as far as the processing time of your application goes. That way, you can choose the one that best suits your needs. Here is what you can opt for:
- Standard - 7 business days
- Rush - 5 business days
- Super Rush - 3 business days
How much does an Armenia e-visa cost?
The amount you spend on your Armenia visa depends on the processing time you choose for your application and on the visa type you apply for. As far as the processing time goes, the fees are as follows:
- Standard - USD 7.00
- Rush - USD 7.00
- Super Rush - USD 7.00 Now, the visa type refers to a short-term or long-term Armenia visa. The fees above apply for the former, while the costs for the latter are as follows:
- Standard processing – USD 33.00
- Rush processing – USD 33.00
- Super Rush processing – USD 33.00
What is the validity of an Armenia e-visa?
The short-term Armenia visa has a validity of 90 days after arrival. The long-term visa, however, is valid for 180 days after arrival.
How many entries does the Armenia visa allow?
Short-term Armenia visa – Single Entry Long-term Armenia visa – Single Entry.
For how long can I stay in Armenia?
That depends. If you apply for the short-term Armenia visa you cannot stay in the country for more than 21 days Per Entry. But if you acquire a long-term visa, you will be able to stay in Armenia for up to 120 days Per Entry.
Can I use the Armenia e-visa at any point of entry?
No. To be able to use an Armenia e-visa, you need to travel to Armenia via the following points of entry:
- Zvartnots International Airport in Yerevan
- Ayrum railway station (Ayrum, Tavush Province, the border with Georgia)
- Bagratashen, Tavush Province (border with Georgia)
- Bavra, Shirak Province (border with Georgia)
- Gogavan, Lori Province (border with Georgia) Meghri, Syunik Province (border with Iran)