When you decide to travel to Armenia, one of the things you need to deal with first is the visa. That is unless you are exempt. Even so, Armenia adopted the electronic visa system recently, which allows many non-visa exempt nationalities to apply for an Armenia visa online. With iVisa, the effort of getting your travel document is almost non-existent. If you wish to learn more about the Armenia e-visa, we invite you to read the answers to some of the most frequently asked questions below.
Frequently asked questions (FAQs)
Are the citizens of Cuba eligible for an Armenia e-visa?
Yes, as a Cuba national, you are free to apply for an Armenia e-visa.
What are the requirements for an Armenia e-visa?
To be able to successfully apply for an Armenia visa, you need to make sure that you have everything necessary for the application process. However, you do not need much. Only the following:
- Valid passport – you have to make sure that the travel document remains valid for at least another 6 months from the date of arrival in Armenia and has one blank page for stamping
- Digital photo of yourself – the picture needs to be taken in the last 3 months
- Travel dates
- Information about your accommodation in Armenia – a hotel booking confirmation is enough. If you stay with friends/relatives, a simple letter will suffice.
- E-mail address – you receive your Armenia visa via e-mail in PDF format. You can present it when you board your flight using your smartphone, while some people prefer a physical copy.
- Method of payment – iVisa accepts credit or debit cards, but you are free to use PayPal, Alipay, or WeChat as well.
How long does it take for my application to be processed?
That depends. Using iVisa’s services to apply for an Armenia visa means that you are given the possibility to choose a processing time for your application. iVisa gives you three options so that you can pick the one that is best for you:
- Standard - 7 business days
- Rush - 5 business days
- Super Rush - 3 business days
How much does an Armenia e-visa cost?
The price of an Armenia visa is established according to two factors. The first one is the processing time you choose for your application. Therefore:
- Standard - USD 7.00
- Rush - USD 7.00
- Super Rush - USD 7.00 The second factor is the visa type. The costs above are for a short-term Armenia visa. If you plan to apply for a long-term visa, you will be charged more:
- Standard processing – USD 33.00
- Rush processing – USD 33.00
- Super Rush processing – USD 33.00
What is the validity of an Armenia e-visa?
The validity of a short-term Armenia visa is of 90 days after arrival. The long-term visa has a validity period of 180 days after arrival.
How many entries does the Armenia visa allow?
Short-term Armenia visa – Single Entry Long-term Armenia visa – Single Entry.
For how long can I stay in Armenia?
While the short-term Armenia visa allows you to stay only up to 21 days Per Entry, the long-term visa grants a stay of 120 days Per Entry.
Can I use the Armenia e-visa at any point of entry?
No. If you want to travel to Armenia on an Armenia e-visa, you need to use the following points of entry:
- Zvartnots International Airport in Yerevan
- Ayrum railway station (Ayrum, Tavush Province, the border with Georgia)
- Bagratashen, Tavush Province (border with Georgia)
- Bavra, Shirak Province (border with Georgia)
- Gogavan, Lori Province (border with Georgia) Meghri, Syunik Province (border with Iran)